Chapter 2: Big Brother?

Inside a forest, on top of a thick branch. The eyes of a young man slowly move until it opens, then he arises and opens his lip as he inhales deeply through them.

"The sun... I can't see it shining in the skies? I wonder why?" He asked himself, then he jumped from the branch.

He lands perfectly on the ground, then he moves his face everywhere only to see the body of multiple trees and the grass on the ground.

"Mitsuki speaks, "Where is— oh! Maybe Misazuki is catching fish for his breakfast?"

Hence he begins to move, his hands sway slightly while he moves onwards to Konoha.

Before that day, after the burning of Boruto Uzumaki...

A broken man is kneeling in front of a darkened crater, his hands are gripping a burnt white t-shirt. Sasuke's eye is staring at the broken man whom his friend and at the same time rival.

Shikamaru, the right-hand man of Naruto, is speaking to a shinobi, they seem calm.

"I see... Nanadaime lost his firstborn," the shinobi inhaled deeply.

"Yes, the event is overwhelmingly disheartening. I cannot believe what I've witnessed," Shikamaru told the shinobi.

"Then what shall we do now, Sir Shikamaru?" The shinobi asked while his eyes were fixated on Shikamaru's eyes.

"Then we shall give Boruto what he desires... Look for his family, for that's what I heard during that battle," Shikamaru turns slightly behind him, still seeing Naruto mourning for his deceased son.

Many shinobi arrive, thence they all walk away from the forest. Later on, they arrive in front of the gigantic entrance of the village hidden in the leaves.

Naruto is walking ahead while his hand is holding his son's burnt white t-shirt. His eyes are looking down, and they are filled with sorrow.

Sasuke looks at Naruto, he breathes deeply through his nose, he utters, "Naruto..."

Since it's midnight, the village isn't filled with many people, thus shinobi and kunoichi are walking everywhere; observing any threat that can occur anytime.

All of them saw their Hokage walking past them, so they greeted them. "Good evening, Nanadaime Hokage."

Naruto didn't look at them for he was filled with extreme sadness, Sasuke and Shikamaru only looked at the multiple shinobi and kunoichi and nodded at their greeting for Naruto.

Shikamaru moves his eyes to Naruto. "I know how hard it must feel after seeing the death of your firstborn... Then let me arrange everything in the office.

"You may take a rest or I must say... Do what you want."

"I felt bereaved for your loss. But Naruto you must rest yourself," Sasuke closes his eye and opens it immediately, "I believe that losing your bond with someone important to you is one of the hardest things to bear in life."

Naruto ceases his movement, his hand goes tighter on the burnt white t-shirt which he's wielding.

Naruto says, "I just want to... I just—"

His whole body shakes rapidly and fluids fill his eyes, he looks up as tears fall in a gentle stream down to his chin.

Naruto yells loudly, "I-I just wanted to protect both of them! WHAT'S BAD IN PROTECTING SOMEONE IMPORTANT TO YOU?!"