Chapter 10 (Revised)

Chapter 10: Taste Of My Power

A man wearing a thick grey robe halted in front of a large structure. His eyes analyze the structure and he remains calm. "This is probably Code's hideout."

Boruto enters through the gigantic opened entrance. His eyes shift everywhere and all he can see is a bit of light and thick shadows on every wall and corner of the structure.

"Thanks to that old man," Boruto speaks lowly, "I now know Code's hideout. Yet, I am mostly wondering about his whereabouts."

Boruto moves his eyes aside and instantly hops from the ground, his thick grey robe sways from his body as it slides from his upper body.

Boruto rotates his whole body in the air until he lands on the ground. Then he moves his eyes up and sees a tall middle-aged man with white skin.

"You're not the one that I'm pursuing, neither did I have hatred for you," Boruto speaks, "but who are you?"

"I am the sixth captain of the first division," the floating middle-aged man answered Boruto.

He slides his hand inside the pocket of his upper clothing and brings out a scroll with patterns of red flowers.

"I know who you are and my captain is seeking your appearance for the celebration of the downfall of the Konohagakure," he told Boruto.

Boruto straightens his upper body as he moves his eyes down. "What happened to Konohagakure? Isn't that village the strongest among the great nations?"

"The great Code took the village down with all his might. If you want, you can see the head of the defeated shinobi?" the floating middle-aged man opens his lip and releases waves of a giggle, "I'm sure you'll like to witness their head and know that they're weaklings."

"If you may?" Boruto slowly moves his eyes up, "I don't want to hear any of your words. Moreover, I want to have that tongue of yours."

"Are you nuts?!" the middle-aged man's eyes widen as he flies backward from Boruto, "If you're hungry, I can bring you a meal."

"You're disgusting for laughing at one's death. Now, I will be in peace if you won't talk until your very last breath," Boruto told the middle-aged man.

"Speaking of the tongue." Boruto walked toward the floating middle-aged man.

"I will let you have a taste of my power," Boruto holds the handle of his sword.

The whole structure begins to crack as it shakes tremendously. Thence it explodes resulting in a big cloud of dust to be seen.

The middle-aged man flies out from the big clouds of dust. He opens his eyes and looks down only to see the huge disappearing clouds of dust. All of a sudden, Boruto appears in front of him and he instantly swings his sword.

The eyesight of the middle-aged man turns black as his whole body is cut in half. Boruto disappears in front of the middle-aged man and he appears on the ground; standing calmly as if nothing had occurred.

Boruto starts to move his feet alternately, and then he breathes through his slightly opened lip. "I will continue to get stronger to defeat that Code."

Somewhere far away, in the vast body of forest with dead trees and polluted water: the gateway appears on it and Boruto comes out from it.

"The land of fire, it has been a long time," Boruto spoke gently.

Boruto sways his whole body aside as he raises his hand only to catch a sharp kunai. Boruto shifts his eyes in front of him. Unbeknownst to him, a boy has his eyes locked on him while he moves like the wind.