Chapter 9: Rousing

Chapter 9: Rousing

In a world wherein no ground nor a terrain can be seen, yet floating gigantic earthy spheres are floating slowly everywhere.

No fragrance can be perceived by the nose, and any noise can be heard by an ear. A young man with many round holes on his grey jacket is levitating in one spot.

His eyes slowly open and it immediately grows wide upon recognizing which place he is right now.

"Woah! Last time, I was on the battlefield in the village," he moves his eyes everywhere, "now, where am I? This place is far different from Toneri's place. This place is indeed deserted."

A masculine voice says angrily. "You are not in that Toneri's world, you talkative, disrespectful brat!"

He moves his eyes down and moves up from his floating stone throne. He floats toward the young man and stops being closer to his body.

"Boruto, eh?" the tall masculine said, and he is wearing a traditional nobleman's attire consisting of a white kariginu hunting robe, baggy pants, a pair of tengu-geta, and a single black glove on his left hand.

He speaks once again, "You've grown quite well. Sadly, I cannot see your past developments because of power: a power that served as my impediment in observing you."

Boruto narrows his eyes as he begins to close his hands. "Because of you, Momoshiki! I need to go through all of what happened to me in Konoha!"

Momoshiki's facial expression remains calm, he turns around while calmly saying, "Either a powerful creature like me won't have a choice in choosing my vessel... Yet, be thankful, lad.

"Be thankful for what power dwells in the mark that I've given you, and be thankful because you experienced being a powerful individual.

"Without that blue diamond mark, you wouldn't have saved your father—"

"DARN YOU!" Boruto jumped from the empty air.

But nothing happened, Boruto rapidly swings his hands; it's like swimming, but there's no body of water surrounding him. Unfortunately, his action only causes him to move so slowly onwards to Momoshiki.

Momoshiki gradually turns toward Boruto, once his eyes see a slight movement of Boruto: his face contorts.

"How can you be such an idiot?" Momoshiki raises his hand to his waist, "I am not wasting any time on this!"

Momoshiki flies onward to Boruto, once they're close to each other: Momoshiki extends his hand to Boruto's wrist and throws him towards his back.

Boruto narrows his eyes, he immediately uses his other hand and extends it toward Momoshiki's wrist.

Momoshiki pulls Boruto's wrist and once Boruto is closer to him, he quickly launches a kick hitting Boruto's abdomen. Momoshiki opens his hand, letting go of Boruto's wrist.

Both of them are now separated. Boruto narrows his eyes at Momoshiki. "How dare you?!"

"It is you who attempted to throw a punch against me. All I did was defend myself," Momoshiki told Boruto.

"Anyways, why am I here?" Boruto raised his eyebrows at Momoshiki.

"Because you're dying," Momoshiki's white eyes produced veins on his eyes, veins pop near Momoshiki's eyes.

"I needed to save you because you will be the key to keeping me alive," Momoshiki smiles slightly, "I believe you should be thankful for my presence, young man."

"Your presence? Thankful?!" Boruto bites his teeth and his eyes narrow at Momoshiki, "if I didn't just decide to help them in the fight against you, then I wouldn't acquire this fate!"