A Little Less Action Too Please

“So Maisie, what’s your piano teacher like? Is he single? I’m joking Tyger honey, I’m kidding!” Trudy squeals, as Maisie squirms uncomfortably on the sofa next to Mum. Frankly Tyger doesn’t look like he cares what Trudy’s saying. That makes two of us at least.

“He’s okay” Maisie answers and shoots daggers at me. I don’t know why she’s frustrated with me- it’s not like I want to be here either. If anything its Trudy making all the decisions here and forcing people to sit and converse with her against their wills. Maisie and I should have disappeared upstairs the first chance we had.

“You know it’s kind of late, Maisie and I should be going to bed-!” I point out but Trudy just laughs. She has a vice like grip on Tyger’s thigh which he’s been trying to wiggle out of for at least ten minutes now. I’m glaring at her hand on his thigh.

“Nonsense- when I was your age I wish I could have been allowed to stay awake this late” Trudy giggles, flipping her hair over her shoulder. At this moment in time I think she feels more my age than I do “But I guess you’re right- after all I’m ovulating and I need to keep this one’s strength up!”

Trudy gestures to Tyger who half smiles extremely awkwardly while I throw up a little bit in my mouth in disgust as to what she’s just suggested. Maisie looks at me as if to say that she’d rather be at home than here.

“We’re going to bed! I announce and pull Maisie to her feet. “Goodnight everyone, it’s been uh, kinda nice seeing you!” I tell them and hurry out of the room before anyone has a chance to stop us.  Maisie grabs her bag from the hallway and breathes a sigh of relief.

“Thank God for that” Maisie tells me and we immediately begin to giggle as we run up the stairs. “So would you like to explain to me why you have a love bite on your neck with Mr Gallagher in your house or is that merely a coincidence?”

“Um” I say and let Maisie enter my room first and I close the door behind us before I speak again “Well I know we haven’t had a chance to properly talk about what you saw with me and Mr Gallagher-!”

“No, we haven’t” Maisie says with a smile, sitting down on my bed and crossing her legs “I think we should talk about that though”. I let out a nervous laugh.

“We kinda talked about it?” I offer and she scowls at me “Look I know you caught us making it before and I know I have a love bite now but it’s not just a fling! I really like him and I think he really likes me too, okay?”

“What about his girlfriend?” Maisie asks me and I sigh. Downstairs I hear Trudy loudly saying goodbye followed by the closing of the front door. “They’re gone now at least”

“He said he was gonna talk to Trudy about it but I don’t know when. It was going to be tonight before the home invasion from hell” I sigh and Maisie chuckles. “You won’t tell anyone right? Mr Gallagher could lose his job”

“I promise I won’t tell” Maisie assures me and I reach out to hug her.