A Standing Ovation

A Standing Ovation

I can hear the fans screaming in anticipation at the stage from inside my dressing room. My heart is beating so loud I can hear it in my ears. But going on stage isn't what's making me nervous.

It isn't the single yellow rose on my dressing table- the perfect sign of friendship. That one's from Shaun, wishing me good luck. I spoke to him on the phone earlier to thank him for it, and in a way we resolved our differences.

I don't feel like we'll ever really be friends, but we can be okay with one another and that I'm grateful for. He also told me he'd met another nice girl and he'd started to like her.

I told him that I was happy for him, and I genuinely meant it.

It's not the fact that all my friends and family are in the audience watching that's making me nervous either, because I know that they will support me no matter what happens.

What's making me nervous is the poster of the show from two nights ago and the twelve long stemmed red roses sitting on my dressing table, specially delivered to me. There's a note with it, which simply reads:

All my love- from Tyger.

I haven't told anyone that he might be back. But the possibility of seeing Tyger again is making me really nervous. It's making me exceptionally nervous and I've applied so much deodorant because I'm sweating that much.

It's not that I'm scared.

It's because I'm excited. I want to see him.

Even though I'm not sure what that will bring with it.

Someone knocks at my door and pops their head around. "Hello Vanessa, you're on in five minutes" The lady says and I nod. Her eyes move to the roses on my dressing table.

"That's some bouquet" She points out and I nod "I take it they're from someone special?"

"I'm not sure about that" I reply honestly and she chuckles.

"Are they here tonight?" She asks me and I avoid her eyes, blushing.

"I honestly don't know" I tell her with a smile "But I hope he is" I reply and she grins at me. I slide my dressing gown off of my shoulders and make my way towards her.

"It's time to go- your last show isn't it?" The lady asks me as we leave the dressing room and make our way towards the main stage. Backstage everything is buzzing, people are milling around, each having a million jobs to do.

"It is. I've really enjoyed it but I'm not up for doing the European leg of the tour, even though Mackenzie did ask me. Besides she has a different support act for Europe" I explain and the lady nods, and delivers me to backstage.

"You're on in one minute. Good luck!" She informs me and hurries away, obviously having numerous important things to do. I don't really think she was listening to what I said but it doesn't really matter.

Soon enough, I'm being ushered onto stage. It's exhilarating and thrilling, faces in the audience, people I'll probably never know and never met. But for one night it's like we're the best of friends. The audience are good and supportive, clapping and cheering loudly of me which is always a good sign.

I play my set, all except the last song. I can see my friends and family in the audience. They're smiling and clapping along, shouting things encouragingly.

Maisie is next to Wayne, who wraps his arms around her, making her giggle. Shaz and Benjamin are there, teasing each other with little flicks and pokes. Mum's here too, shouting the loudest. And she has even brought Bernard.