Bella Notte

Bella Notte

It's magical. That's the only way I can describe it.

Tyger leads me along a path through the bushes and the shrubbery, faintly illuminated by lights until it reveals a clearing. There's a gazebo in the centre, surrounding by lush grass and draped in fairy lights that twinkle gently.

There's a rug in the middle, a picnic already assembled with candles dotted around the seating area of the gazebo. Everything seems to be soft and glowing and it's like someone has cast a magic spell on the area.

"This is amazing" I say breathily and I feel Tyger chuckle behind me, his breath warm on my neck. I bite my lip and look down at the little picnic, made up of sandwiches and little biscuits on plates.

"Sorry the food isn't much" Tyger apologises but I cut him off. I finally manage to draw my eyes away from the beautiful scenery in front of me and I turn around to look at him.

"You didn't have to do all this for me" I tell him and he shakes his head, chuckling. He reaches his hand out to cup my face and I feel my eyes drift shut as his lips meet mine.

"Of course I did" Tyger tells me and he leads me into the little gazebo. I can hear crickets and faint music playing from somewhere, just gentle guitar strings plucking away in the night.

My heart swells in pride and excitement. Tyger arranged all this for me. He must really like me. There's something so incredible about being so close to him in such romantic circumstances. No one has ever done anything like this for me before and I doubt anyone will again.

Tyger takes my hand and we sit down on the rug together. I'm surprised to find the chill has left the air and the atmosphere is now as warm as the candles burning. "This is beautiful" I tell Tyger and he smiles at me.

It's all I can do to stop myself from grinning like an idiot.

I bite my lip as Tyger offers me the plateful of sandwiches. "I didn't know what you'd like, so I kind of made a variety" I giggle at Tyger's nervousness "There's ham, cheese, jam-!"

"Are they all on the same sandwich?" I ask and Tyger chuckles. I select one of each, as they're cut into little triangles and Tyger does the same.

"Sandwiches are always a winner" Tyger comments and I laugh. "But just in case I brought biscuits, and I also brought some ice creams"

"Ice creams- what kind?" I ask and he produces a tub of Ben and Jerry's from I don't know where. He really is prepared and trying to go all out. It makes my heart swell in pride.

"Only the best for you, Vanessa Wilson" Tyger jokes and I laugh. His smile meets his eyes and makes them shine like the stars in the sky tonight. He leans forwards and his lips meet mine in a tender kiss. I pull away shyly.

"There was to be no more of that until you've left Trudy" I tell him and he doesn't lose the tender expression on his face as he looks at me.

"You're all I want Vanessa. I'm going to leave her. It's so wrong and so silly, you're my student, I shouldn't have let it nearly get this far but I've fallen for you Vanessa. You're such an amazing person and you're everything I want" Tyger pauses, his voice catching in his throat "I understand if you don't feel the same way-!"

"I do" I tell him, interrupting. I lean forwards and kiss his lips, melting into him "I want you so badly it scares me. But I can't be hurt again. You can't hurt me" I say to him and he nods.

"I won't hurt you Vanessa. I want to be with you and I will do whatever I have to in order to make that happen" He reassures me and captures my lips with his.