Chapter 5

Ximera had the body of a typical Russian dancer, slender legs, slim waist and hips. They looked dainty but they were strong and elegant. Ballet was her expertise but her passion was tap dancing. "Watch me, look at this." She loved dancing in front of people. A subtle form of adrenaline always pumped through her veins. It always started of calm, then a gust of energy relayed through the accompanied song and her body gushed along with it.

A specific dance came to mind Bouncing the Blues and she rushed to put it up on the TV screen. Dafne and Sorin were out on a date so she took full advantage and let her talents show. 

Soft and slow, steady. One tap followed the other, her fingers gently swayed with the beat and the rhythm. Tap wasn't just about the clicks your shoes made. The beauty was in the gestures, your face, your whole body language. The trick was to made it took effortless and cool even though your bones were screaming and your joined were aching from the intense practice that made it so easy for you to look effortless and cool. 

Her body was in sync with the video behind her. "I know it by heart, can you tell?" The comment was rhetorical, cause she knew he could tell. Everyone who saw me dance could tell. "You're very good little mouse." The validation sent another rush through her veins and she wanted to impress him more. "Come, I need a partner for this one." Her rhythm never fell out of sync, she had done this dance so often she knew she could still dance on beat in a coma. Pure muscle memory alone. It was the dance that got her into the most prestigious dance school in Russia. It wasn't a famous dance there, but the gravitas and ease of the dance still translated well across the sea. 

"I dont know how to dance mysh'" 

"You dont need to, just hold my waist and push me a bit." She liked this side of herself and Dragos did too. So much passion in a tiny body. Her toes went fast, her movements were relaxed but fast. Make it look easy, make it look cool. Tap, step, glide. Sway, twist, step

The faster the music, the quicker her steps. She did a final hop and jumps, leaping from one side of the room to the other before she pushed Dragos further to the left, moving along with him. Once the music ended, she was left with aching toes and a rapid heart beat. 

"Show me another one little mouse."

**************************************************

Every time his fist hit the punching bag, a loud ripple echoed through the empty gym. The weighed of the bag pushed through his knuckles and flowed through his biceps, across his shoulders. Every joint screamed for him to stop but he took that as a sign to push through. Ripple after ripple his muscle tensed. 

With every contact, he released a sharp breath then sucked one in. Controlled and steady, in and out like he'd learned over the years. His steps quickened, swift and light. As the tip of his toes touched the ground, he was already moving to the next foot. Stealth was crucial in the army and so was focus. 

His gym routine revolved around that. Stamina, speed and stealth. He needed to be quick on his feet and keep his mind sharp and alert. He was always on alert, even in his own home. It was a habit that couldn't turn off. It sticks with you, follows you to your grave. 

Huffs and puffs left his lips. Making sure he didn't get dizzy from his quick movement. "Go ninja go!" 

Ximera managed to warm her way into his workout routine. She'd caught him leaving the house at 6am when she went down to get a drink and just tagged along. She watched from the sideline in her pyjamas, enjoying the view of his ripped muscles and sweaty skin. She liked the way his shirt clung to his body as he progressively got sweatier and sweatier.