Memories~

hyunjins pov:
As I lay my cold fingers on the broken piano I can hear a slight noise come from my mouth. I had started singing, although I have never heard this song before I somehow know every single lyric as if I wrote them.
"plaisir d'amour ne dure qu'un moment
Chagrin d'amour dure toute La vie

Tu m'as quittée pour la belle Sylvie
Elle te quitte pour un autre amant

plaisir d'amour ne dure qu'un moment
Chagrin d'amour dure toute La vie

Tant que cette eau coulera doucement
Vers ce ruisseau qui borde la prairie

Je t'aimerai me répétait Sylvie
L'eau coule encore. Elle a changé pourtant

plaisir d'amour ne dure qu'un moment
Chagrin d'amour dure toute La vie"

Third person pov:

The words fell out of Hyujins mouth like silk.
He couldn't stop signing, the words just kept going on and on. His fingertips started to crack and bleed.
Hyunjin was in something like a trance.

He felt as if he was slowly drifting away.
Hyunjin was slowly brought back to reality as a hand violently shook his shoulder.

Hyunjins pov:
I felt a hand on my shoulder shaking me, so I quickly broke out of the trance I was in.

"What do you want!" I shouted a little to harshly
I heard a small chuckle behind me.
"Woah whats wrong hyun? You should be thanking me. Your fingertips would have fallen off if I didn't snap you back into reality"
" dont call me hyun." I replied coldly fixing my silky white button up
" sorry." The small voice beside me replied
"Dont be."I scoff
"Um ok." The same voice replies again. Honestly I'm kind of getting annoyed by that voice, it thought to myself.
"What do you want jeongin"
"Nothing, I'll be leaving now, goodbye."
I watch as the small boy runs up the stairs and down the long hall.

"How did things turn out like this"

Third person pov:
The year was 1600, and today was Hyunjins birthday.
The excited 12 year old boy jumped out of bed and ran downstairs to be greeted by his mothers warm smile.
Hyunjins pov:
"Good morning mother!" I say as I dash into the kitchen to greet my mother.
"GoodMorning love" My mother replies back sweetly, almost cooing at the sight of me.
"Your so handsome hyun" She says.
"Stop that mother" I huff, my cheeks growing red at the compliment.
"Alright I apologize dear, but you are one handsome boy" she chuckles. "You sure get your good looks from me" The ravenette exclaims, while flipping her wavy hair in a sassy manner.
"Ok mother I get it" I reply, rolling my eyes at my mothers usual and playful comments. "Anyhow, what are we having this morning to eat?" I enquire.
"I was thinking eggs and bacon perhaps?" My mother questions, almost as if she's seeking my approval.
"Sounds lovely" I say back kindly.
"In the mean time would you please go get dressed hyun?"
"Why yes of course mother"
I ran upstairs and quickly slipped on my white blouse and tan Dress pants, as well as a small silk ribbon tying back my dark raven hair. I decided that it's best to leave a couple of strands of hair hanging in my face.
I then again quickly rush back downstairs just in time to see my mother placing the plates on the table.
"Hyujin! Can you help me get the cups dear?"
"Yes mother" I reply back going over to the cupboard in the corner of the room, placed carefully by the old grandfather clock.
"Here we are" I say as I place the cups down on the table.
"Thank you love" My mother coo's back at me, ruffling my hair in a loving way.
After a few minutes of getting our drink choices organized, and placing fresh baked bread on the table, we finally both sit down and start to eat.

Mother and I weren't talking to each other, we were more absorbed in our food to really mind making surely tasteless conversation.

That was until she broke the silence by asking a simple question.
"Hyunjin dear, what would you like to do today?"
"It would be nice to visit some shops down town, don't you think?" I simply said back.
"I think that's a wonderful idea! Although I would like if you allowed me to quickly change before we leave." My mother asked.
"Of course thats no trouble at all, please take all the time you need mother"
"Thank you hyun." "I will be down soon so please don't get in any trouble while your waiting"
"Why would I get in trouble?" I reply back in a curious tone.
"Im not quite sure, it's just boys your age love to get into trouble these days." My mother replied back to me in a calm voice.
"Well you should not fret over me mother, I promise I won't cause any trouble while your getting ready" I say confidently
"All right, I will go get ready now, it won't be long, so you can just wait in the study and read a book if you like"
"Thank you mother, i will see you soon"
I watch as my mother makes her way up the stairs and into her room.
I walk over to the study and pick out a book. I'm not quite sure what the title of the book is, but it's not like im going to pay much attention to it anyways.
As I start reading I get more and more intrigued with each passing page. I was reading the book until I was snapped back to the present by the call of my mothers voice.
"Hyun!, hurry up out here and get your shoes on please!"
"Yes mother!" I reply and quickly place the book down on the table. "I'll put it away later" I mumble to myself quietly.
I put on my shoes and stepped outside of my home with my mother by my side.
It was a beautiful spring day in London. The air was brisk, making it feel like 1 thousand needles were hitting my face. I didn't mind though, as my eyes were fixated on my mother. She looked absolutely ravishing.
"Mother you look as beautiful as a flower in the warm summer sun" I speak up in a kind tone.
"Hyun, you sure know how to make your mother flush don't you?" She says with a playful smile on her face.
Insert picture of what hyujins mother was wearing:

*just imagine that underneath was a white dress* (also Srry I'm not very good at styling people especially people from the 16th century😭)"You look very dashing as well hyun" "Why thank you mother, you really are to kind" I say back to her

"You look very dashing as well hyun"
"Why thank you mother, you really are to kind" I say back to her.
Insert picture of what Hyujin was wearing;
Pants:

Insert picture of what Hyujin was wearing;Pants:

Shirt:

*also Srry again I'm not very good at imaging what someone in the 16th century would wear in London, so just pretend that this would be accurate😭*

Still Hyujins pov:
After mother and I finished going around town visiting different shops we decided to go straight home.
"Thank you for today mother." I say
"Of course hyun, it was my pleasure, also it's your birthday after all so it's the least that I can do" She replies back to me.
"Thank you again mother." I say just for good measure to make sure that she understood how deeply great full i am to her.
"Hyun, please don't mention it, I already said it was alright, so just don't worry"
"Ok" I reply.
It was mostly silent for the rest of the walk back to our home until we were around five minutes away, I decided to ask a question.
"Mother?"
"Yes hyun?" "What is it" she says
"Do you perhaps know when father will be home" I ask.
She pauses for quite a while before finally answering me
"I'm not sure dear, I'm sure he'll be home soon" she says.
It almost worries me seeing her like this and by this, I mean the uncertainty behind her eyes, her smile.
It's like she herself is not even sure when he'll arrive back home.

Authors note
K so I thought that I should make this chap longer bc I wanted to. Anyways I'm sorry if the writing isn't that good considering I'm also not that good at writing stories set in the 16th century. But alas I did this to myself😭😭
I hope you guys liked this chapter as much as I do! I had a lot of fun writing about Hyujins past, and don't worry there will be more of his past later on in the story, so please stay
Tuned for that!
Also....
WE HIT MORE THAN 1000 WORDS!!