Chapter 3

A/N: We had to hurry up and put this one out so @YourVeryOwnWhore didn't die! Lmao, enjoy my beautiful babes!!

Ryder's POV (After Jada's Phone call with Angel)

7 months!

It has been 7 months of searching and coming up empty handed. It's as if they never existed, the only proof that I have is the pictures and videos that Jada sends me of our little girl, but she's so clever, nothing leads me to where she is. They all come from different locations, never on the same day, and even different people delivering them.

"Ryder baby," Neveah walked into my office in a too-small skirt and her shirt one button too many undone. "What are you doing in the dark?" she questions making  her way over to the curtains and opening them. "Come on, you have to go prepare for the deposition!"

"What did I say about the pet names?" I sigh, placing the photos back in my wallet. I didn't miss the little falter in her smile before she situated it back on as I stood up pulled on my jacket 

"We are not together and I'm engaged.  I shouldn't have to repeat myself,  yet I find myself doing it all the time with you, as if you're fucking slow. Your lack of professionalism and constant disrespect for my future wife is intolerable."

"Some wife" she scoffed "Who picks up without a word and just-." Before she could finish my hand was on her throat. Pushing her into the nearest wall, I pull out my gun and press it to her temple, effectively shutting her up.

"I don't know if you haven't noticed lately but I'm not quite all there, so the little snide comments about her are not going to fly. I keep you here because I view you as a great asset but please remember I have killed over 100 great assets and mourned at their funerals along with their loved ones, please don't get added to that list because you can't control your mouth.'' The fear in her eyes seemed to feed the beast in me that was aching to burn the city to the ground.

"Ryder?" Kimmie's soft voice cut through some of the fog as she stood in the doorway of my office, her face remained neutral but knowing her as long as I have I could see the concern in her eyes.

"Ryder, you need to let her go." Kimmie slowly moved between us, her tone staying low as my grip tightened around Nevaeh's throat. " I know it's been a lot for the last 7 months but we need you to keep it together. Now please give me the gun and let her go." Placing her hand on top of mine as she spoke, she slowly slid the pistol out of my clutches.

Letting her take the gun, I released my hold on Nevaeh, she dropped to the floor in a coughing fit.  Heading to the conference room, to debrief with Kimmie, I headed straight for the bar pouring myself a double scotch before sitting down at the table. Lighting my cigarette, I look at the file spread out on the table waiting for Kimmie to start.

"What do we have?" I asked as I looked at the various pictures of the dug-up graves.

"The DA is starting to get antsy since the disappearance of the groundskeeper at the cemetery" She explained as she ran her finger through her blond curls.

We couldn't stop him from talking to the police. The moment he sat in the seat he squealed like the pig he was. It didn't help that he had gotten cocky, he'd forgotten how far my control reached, even with the police.

The look of fear as he saw me sitting next to him when he got in his SUV that the police had provided was worth the three-month wait it took to get to him. Once I was able to confirm that he didn't give them my name, I set him ablaze in the car. The officers required hospitalization, but that was a risk that they were willing to take,  it was either that or they're lives. And the former seemed better than the latter