Chapter 6

A/N: YOU ALL HAVE BEEN SO AMAZING!! AND TO REWARD OUR MAFIA BABES WE HERES A DOUBLE UPDATE 😏 ENJOY ❤️

Jada's POV

"Would you stop pouting?" I laughed as I looked at my overgrown man-child. Ryder was currently pouting because I refused to have sex on a plane full of his staff. The last time we had spontaneous sex his security burst into the room and saw a video of me masturbating

" I'm not pouting." He sulked, bouncing River on his knee as we pulled into the estate. "It's not like I haven't seen you in 7 months, 3 week and 2 days." My expression was one of bewilderment as he rattled off how long we had been apart.

"Well Mr. Bandini, I promise to make it worth the wait." I whispered, placing a kiss on his jaw and giving him a coy smile. The darkness in his eyes told me that if he wasn't holding our child right now waiting wouldn't be an option.

Exiting the vehicle I looked around at the estate. The memories still fresh of the last time I was here in my mind. The funny thing was I didn't feel on edge or out of place as I looked at the grand house before me.

I was at ease. This is where I belong!

"Welcome home, Bella" Ryder whispered in my ear as he stood behind me, holding River yet again. "Don't worry about the bags, I'll have Dante bring them to the penthouse." We started toward the house until I looked behind me and noticed that Max stood next to the car unmoving as he stared at the house.

Giving Ryder's hand a squeeze I release him with a reassuring smile and walk back over to Max, who was grasping the straps of his backpack tightly. Fidgeting was always  his tell when he was nervous. He did it when he felt like he wouldn't fit in, but he wasn't alone, he had me.

"I know it seems scary but all the bodies are buried somewhere else so we don't have to worry about ghosts." I joke as I nudge him

"Ha ha" he retorts with a sarcastic laugh. "You know you didn't have to bring me with you. I'm not a stranger to being unwanted." He was trying to put on a brave face but he was a broken kid through and through.

"If I didn't want you, I would have left you the day I met you." I shake my head at the memory

"Yeah you may want me but your boyfriend is a different story and if he doesn't like me then why would I walk into a house full of his family expecting them to be different." he scoffs just as the door opens.

"Because I've lived my entire life being unwanted by my mother. At least your parents walked away before you could know them. Try living every day of your life with a cold mother and stepfather who constantly reminds you that you're the gardener's daughter and a smudge on his perfect life." I look around as an ache settles in my chest "Ryder will come around, he just needs time to get used to the idea of having another little brother. As for the rest of them," I say as Alice bounds down the steps with a big smile on her face. "Don't judge a book by its cover or you might miss out on a great adventure."

"I'm so glad you're back." She whispers as she pulls me in for a bone crushing hug.

"It feels good to be back," I hugged her back just as tightly.

Looking over at the awkward teen standing next to me, Alice gives him a warm smile. "And who's this?"

" This is Max. He's going to be staying with us." I smile as I pull him in for a side hug.

"Nice to meet you Max," Alice said skeptically.  "How did you meet my lovely daughter in law?"she made sure to emphasize the last three words.

"Mom?" Ryder calls for the top of the stairs, "Can you tell dad to meet me in the office in ten minutes. I am going to get them settled."