Chapter 27

Feeling a featherlight touch on my face, I open my eyes to find Ryder looking down at me. He has this adoration in his eyes, and I never want it to end.

"Were you watching me sleep?" I question and cover my face with the blanket.

"I always watch you sleep, Tesoro." He pulls the blanket down from my face, and my cheeks heat in embarrassment.

Luke used to tell me I would sleep like the dead. He would talk about my snoring and the drool pooling against my pillow. In other words, everything was unflattering.

"Why are you embarrassed?" Ryder leans in and kisses me, slapping my hand over his mouth before his lips can touch mine; I push back. His lips curve into a smile under my hand. Removing my hand, I could see his pearly whites. "What are you doing?"

"I haven't brushed my teeth yet or taken a shower."

"I'll take the risk," he chuckles, holding my hands above my head. Leaning in, he kisses me on the cheek, leaves sloppy wet kisses, and even starts a weird sucking motion on my cheek.

I'm furrowing my brows, my eyes flutter open, and  Ryder is gone; River is lying next to me, all gums and drool, as she lays another kiss on my sopping wet face.

"Were you waking Mommy up with kisses?" I tickle her sides, and she squeals in excitement.

Rolling on her back, she grabs hold of her feet and ranting. Kissing her cheek, she continues mumbling until the words da, da, da, comes out of her mouth. Gasping, I pick her up, and she clasps my cheeks.

"Repeat it, baby." I wait patiently as she stares at me intently. "Come on, say it again, or can you say, mama."

Still staring at me, I could tell this conversation was over when her mouth opened and closed, and she began to reach for my breast. It looks like someone's hungry. Getting her situated, I start feeding her when the door flies open.

"Hey Jada, did you--- Oh god, my eyes!" Donny shouts, covering his eyes and backing out of the room, running into Nadia and Kimmie, who were right behind him.

"What is your problem?" Kimmie snaps.

"There are breast out in this vicinity!."Donny yelled, eyes covered as he waved wildly in front of himself.

"She's breast-feeding, you idiot. It's a natural thing."

"Yeah, but what's not going to be natural is the direction my head is turned on my body if Ryder finds out I saw even the outline of her boob."

"You can't even see anything, Donny; the baby is right there." Nadia coaxes him.

"Nuh-uh. If Ryder even knew that I saw the cleavage, he would scoop my beautiful silver pools of love with a rusty spoon."

Sighing, I grab the sheet, about to toss it over my front to cover up River, but Donny stops me,

Don't cover up on account of me, Jada. This is your room, and it's nothing to be embarrassed beside; my niece will swelter under that thing; I'm just going to face the wall, and you let me know when you're safely tucked away.

"Thanks, Donny. Now not to be rude, but  why are you guys in my room?"

"Because of this," Kimmie takes the lead and grabs the remote, turning on the tv. She shifts to the news, and a female appears on the screen.

"Stanley, I am standing in front of Campbell shipping yard where a huge drug bust that seems to be linked to the infamous Lorenzo Bandini happened. Police say they were able to confiscate 68 kilos of cocaine last night. Which will go towards the case against Lorenzo Bandini, aka Ryder Young."