Chapter 4

JADA'S POV: 3 DAYS LATER

"Jada, what the hell were you thinking?" Nico snapped, as he paced back and forth in front of me. "You were supposed to be off the grid! Not playing secret puppet master behind my back," he fumed. "Like you've been working with Angel all this time, when in hell were you going to tell me about that?"

"First of all lower your voice, my daughter is sleeping. Secondly, what was I supposed to do Nicky let them find the bodies? Let's not forget you were there that night too, so if they take down the Bandini Syndicate they will come for the Gomez Cartel next. And isn't this what you wanted, for me to take my rightful place in the family, so you can't get mad when I make some calls that you're not going to agree with."

"So sending Angel to clear out a crypt isn't suspicious at all!?!Why didn't I think of that?" He barks out sarcastically "How about we not tempt your little boyfriend, okay? Because the next time he walks into my establishment and threatens me, he'll be leaving in a trash bag."

"What? What do you mean by that, Nico? When did you speak to Ryder?"

"After your little grave robbers stunt, he showed up at my club, and let me just say he definitely has the whole Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde thing going on. It's like Bandini is trying to break free while Young is barely holding it together. So we have to come up with something else and we need to move fast." he sighs as he runs his hand through his hair in frustration.

"He can't be that bad Nicky?" I roll my eyes in disbelief.

"The man found out about my decoys and has been tailing them and not just the ones in New York! We're talking about Chicago, Rome, Dubai and Norway. "

"The real question is why do you need so many decoys?" I raised a brow in question, I knew my cousin was paranoid but seriously; Dubai. That's a little extreme.

"Milagro..." he groans in annoyance

"Fine, fine, no more secret missions." I smile brightly as he pulls me in for a hug "I'm sorry for putting you in a tough spot."

"Eres tan molesto, pero te amo de todos modos." (You are so annoying, but I love you anyway). He mutters under his breath. Once we had everything settled Nico went back to the main house to get some rest.

Turning off the lights as I did a final sweep of the house I allowed the tension to slowly leave my body. After making sure Max was okay I walked into the room to see River was still sleeping, I swear those two can sleep through an earthquake. I thought as I climbed in to bed and let sleep claim me.
************************************

The flash went off causing him to blink in his sleep. Giggling, I took another picture. Ryder's eyes fluttered open and he gave me a smirk as he stretched as much as he could with me straddling him.

Wearing nothing but one of his button downs,which surprisingly stretched over my huge belly, his eyes trailed over me as if I were naked.

" What are you doing, Tesoro?" he asked, placing his hands on my waist.

"I am capturing your inner beauty." I giggled as I took another picture.

Grabbing the camera he put it on the end table and sat up so we were nose-to-nose as he slid back against the headboard. Moving  my hair out of my face, he holds my gaze as he tucks the strands behind my ear. "If you want to capture my inner beauty, take a picture of yourself," he chuckles darkly.

" Cute," I said, mocking him. I went to retrieve the camera again when he grabs my hand and kisses my palm.

" How about we give the camera a rest, love?" I arch one of my brows up at him and he just smiled. Running his fingers through the ends of my hair he continues, "I just don't like having my picture taken."