Chapter 17

HEY BEAUTIFUL BABES!! DON'T FORGET TO CHECK US OUT ON INSTAGRAM, WHERE YOU CAN NOT ONLY INTERACT WITH US BUT YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTERS AS WELL!!! NOW BACK TO THE STORY 😝

NOW BACK TO THE STORY 😝

JADA'S POV

"That's impossible," Ryder whispered as we all looked at Max. "I saw... In the box... No it's not..." He stutter as his brain tried to process what was happening.

This couldn't be possible. Ryder told me that Thomas died years ago. Frank even admitted to killing the toddler. Why would he lie about that? Because he's the bad guy my subconscious piped in. Even if Max was Thomas, how in the hell did he get dropped off at an orphanage in Colombia?

With unshed tears in her eyes, Alice turns to face us, her fingers trail lightly over the blanket. Every night I prayed that he would come back to me." She picks up the worn blanket, holding it up to us. "This was yours Ryder. He used to carry this thing around with him everywhere."

A blanket doesn't mean anything. He could've found it in some garbage can or someone could've given it to him." Ryder sighs seeing the hope in his mother's eyes. "You're just hanging on to the hope that he's alive, when he's not."

"Ryder don't you see this is Thomas just look at him. This is not hope anymore. This is the real thing."

"Mother, I watched this destroy you and I 'm not going to let that happen again." Ryder sounded like he was starting to get angry. "Thomas is dead, you have to accept that."

Storming out of the room, Ryder bumps into the doctor and knocks the papers out of his hand. Poor guy was getting it from all sides today. First, I'm yelling at him and now Ryder's knocking him around. This job probably isn't easy for him.

Handing River over to my Aunt, I bent down to help him gather his papers. Picking up the papers I spotted Max and Ryder's test results. In the blood sampling there was a twenty-five percent match. Which is odd for him not to be related to him.

"What are the chances that this could be Thomas," I asked the doctor quietly.

"Well, I don't know. We would have to test both parents. "He whispers back, his eyes shifting nervously from me to Alice. Handing back the papers we both stand as he examines the chart. "Because Ryder only shares the mother's DNA it could be wrong, or he could be a cousin. There are many factors that we are looking at, but I won't know until we test—"

The door was shoved open, and the doctor stopped talking when Lorenzo entered the room. "What is going on here? Ryder is out there yelling at people. He wants to dig up Thomas's grave." His voice was filled with shock, but his face held a look of confusion. "What is happening?"

Alice strides Lorenzo with happy tears streaming down her cheek. "Baby our boy has come home. Siamo di nuovo interi (We are whole again)." She whispers placing her hands on his cheek, a sad smile gracing her lips.