Chapter 25

Cameras flash in my face as I descend the plane steps. The paparazzi are asking me so many questions, but I can't focus on that now as I make my way to where the officers are dragging Ryder." What the hell do you think you're doing?" I yell as I hold River tight to my chest.

"Ma'am, I'm going to have to ask you to stand back." the officer demanded as he reached for me.

"Don't you dare fucking touch her," Ryder snarled? "Jada, go and get in the car," he demands when they pull him off the front of the car. With all the chaos, I hadn't even noticed that Marco and Dante kept the paparazzi at bay. When it was clear that I wouldn't move, Ryder yelled out more orders, "Marco, get her to the car now!"

Marco went to do what he was told, but before he could say anything, I gently thrust River into his chest. "Place her in the car, please, Marco" I could see his hesitation, "there's no need for her to see her father being arrested." Giving me a slight nod, he cradled River and made his way to the Blacked out Escalade

"Tesoro, please. Baby, get in the car." Ryder pleaded as he tried to keep his footing. The officer had jerked his body hard for no reason.

"Is that necessary," I shout and follow them to the back of the vehicle? The man didn't answer me; he glared as he shoved Ryder to the side of the S.U.V. Ryder wasn't fighting or anything; he was cooperating.

So he was in of those? I thought to myself. He thinks he's tough because he has a badge and a gun.

"Ma'am, can you please step aside." The officer grunts as I block his door from opening.

"On what grounds are you arresting him?" Folding my arms, I glare at the man who just signed his death sentence

"Jada..." Ryder's scolding voice rings through my ears, but I focus on the asshole cop restraining him.

"That's none of your business."

"It is when you're illegally detaining him."

"According to this warrant, there isn't anything illegal happening here." He states smugly and pulls out a sheaf of papers. "Now step aside before I arrest you for obstruction of justice."

What warrant? He hasn't done anything wrong. I looked at the scene of the officers boarding the plane. They forced the pilot and flight attendants off. They were searching for something.

"For fucks sake, Marco, get her out of here before I get fucking angry."

Wrapping his arm around me, Marco guides me through the swarm of paparazzi, but not before I hear the officer say. "Fleeing the state is a federal offense. Did you forget to tell your bitch that?"

A loud gasp sounded from the crowd, and I turned back to see the officer on the ground and a bunch of cops charging at him.

Marco pulls me away from the madness and into the car. I lose sight of Ryder when the paparazzi swarm him, and another agent throws him against the S.U.V. Helping me into the car, Marco runs to the driver's side just as the flashes of cameras head in this direction.

Strapping River in her car seat. I focus on the front windshield, trying not to let the tears brimming my eyes fall. He lied to me. I thought they were only investigating him. But then he chose to flee the state, knowing he would get arrested when he returned. Why would he do something so stupid? He could've talked to me. We could've come up with a plan. "You lied to me," I say to the person in the back seat.