Chapter 5

A/N: KEEP THOSE COMMENTS COMING MY LOVELY BABES! WE LOVE TO SEE THEM.

Jada's POV

Stunned was an understatement of what I was feeling at the moment as I stared directly into the eyes of the man I love "Ryder?"

I look him over as I try to take all of him in. Seeing him is like deep diving in the ocean and finally coming up for air. It was easy and unrestricted. How is this possible? I was just about to move forward when I notice the duffle bags at his feet.

"Ryder, how did you find me?"

He stood up with River and took a step towards me, not trusting myself I matched him taking a step back. We looked- he more so glared- into each other's eyes. I didn't know what he was going to do. It had been seven months and from what I heard he had changed drastically.

He didn't even look like his normal put together self. To most they wouldn't be able to tell he hadn't slept in months. His beard was thicker than normal, his hair was messier than usual, no they wouldn't be able to tell because they didn't know this man the way I did.

"What's the matter Tesoro? You seem worried," his tone condescending as he stood in front of me, his hand reaching out to brush the free hanging hair out of my face.

"You shouldn't have come here!" I whisper, trying to get him to understand the gravity of the situation, as I stare into his steel like eyes.

"Did you really think that you could evade me forever Tesoro?" He asked just as softly.

"Not forever! Just until—" I cut myself off as I realize what I'm about to say. The whole point of not telling was so he wouldn't get arrested.

"Just until what Jada?" He inquires, leaning in so close that his lips hover over mine.

"It doesn't matter, right now you need to go!" I speak firmly as I reach for River to take her out of his arms. The was getting too messy

Maneuvering her out of my reach he walked back over to the chair, sitting down. "I don't think so, my love. This shit ends today. Everything that you need is already packed, I have a car waiting out front now let's go." He says nonchalantly. It's only now that I realize the duffle bags are gone.

"I'm not leaving! You can't just come in and dictate how things are gonna go! Now give me my child and leave." The words came out harsher then I meant.

"I'm her father! Or did you forget that!" Ryder yelled, making River whimper before it turned into a full on cry. I felt bad for saying what I said. The anger was evident in his eyes but the hurt was at the forefront. Ryder was trying to calm her down which wasn't working. Reaching for her again, so I can calm her down, Ryder took a step back drawing his gun. "Don't!"

Her little face turns red as she screams louder, reaching for me as he walks towards Smith and murmurs for him to put her in the car. I tried to stop him when Ryder once again pointed his gun at me. I stopped in my tracks and the man continued to walk out the door.

"So what, are you going to shoot me?" My face void of any emotion

"You think I came all this way to kill the woman I love," his eyes softened a little, and my heart melted. "I just needed an incentive that you would actually get in the car. But know this baby, if I have to, I will drag you kicking and screaming."

"I am not going anywhere. Bring her back up here." I said sternly.

"Tesoro, Don't make this difficult" He looked at the watch on his hand. " By now she should be safely placed in the car. If you really want River, by all means go and get her." He stopped pointing his gun at me and I knew it was a trap. If I walked out there to get her, one of his men might force me into the car.