𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

Elaine McCall sat there on her bed, a soft sigh falling from her lips. Everything that had happened was still fresh in her mind. But most importantly the conversation between herself and Stiles replayed like a broken record over and over in her head. She couldn't help the heartache that crept into her chest every time she thought about it, but at the same time the pain and anger followed right after and suddenly she remembered why they were taking a break from each other. That's what it was, a break. They weren't broken up, they were just simply taking a breather.

Her trust had been broken and if you knew anything about Elaine McCall, you would know that once her trust was broken there was a possibility of never getting that fixed. But this was Stiles and Scott, they would always regain her trust. Even if this go round was taking a little bit longer, but Elaine knew that it was for the best. She knew that if she had kept herself in the situation she was in, she wouldn't have given herself enough time to heal.

The memory of her mother's dead body at her feet flashed through her dreams at night, keeping her awake, even to the point that she was waking herself up screaming and her mother would have to run in there and wake her up and calm her down. Elaine McCall was scarred. She had witnessed so much in the past few months that she just needed a break. She needed to isolate herself from her brother, from Stiles. She spent her free time helping Malia to adapt, helping her to be human with Stiles helping her whenever Elaine wasn't.

The brunette lay on her bed, her eyes focused on the ceiling above her as she held her hand in front of her, making her claws appear and then disappear again, almost like she was trying to gain control. That was another thing. Elaine was not only a witch, but she was a werewolf too. A werewolf with steel blue eyes that glowed in the dark. A result from the murder of her mother. She forever had a reminder of what she did, and she hated it so much.

The sound of a knock came on her bedroom door. The teenager barely looked up, trying to decide whether or not she should let the person in. After a few moments of silence, she waved her hand, the door pulling open on it's own. She didn't have to look towards the doorway to know that it was Scott standing there, waiting for her to look at him. However, when she never did, he sighed, taking one step into her room and then coming to a stop, unsure if he was allowed to come any closer.

     "We might have found him." Scott spoke. He watched as Elaine slowly lowered her hand, placing it across her stomach to indicate that she was listening. "We think a group of hunters from Mexico might have gotten him. We're going there tomorrow. Did you want to come?"

     Did she want to? No. Not really. However, she owed Derek a lot. She didn't believe that he deserved to die by hunters. So, she forced herself to sit up. Her diamond blue eyes met Scott's brown ones, staring at him for a moment before she nodded her head. "Yeah. Just give me the time and place. I'll be there."

     Scott's lip lifted upwards slightly. "You always are," he whispered before nodding his head and walking out of the room, closing the door behind him and leaving Elaine to fall back onto her bed, wondering what the hell it was that she'd gotten herself into.