𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

CHAPTER TWELVE:❝︎The Truth About Peter❞︎

CHAPTER TWELVE:
❝︎The Truth About Peter❞︎

IT WAS STARTING TO GET WORSE. The pounding in her head was becoming almost unbearable. They made it down to the basement, searching everywhere that they knew to look. Stiles stayed by her side the entire time, a hand hovering behind her just in case she fell. He stood in front of another set of items, shaking his head before pausing. He moved one of the items on the top shelf to the side, revealing a key hole in the wall. Instinctively, he grabbed Elaine's hand, pulling her closer to him and pointing at the key hole that was meant only for claws. 

     "Hey, guys." Stiles called, grabbing everyone's attention. "Over here." He motioned for Scott to come over to him. He let go of Elaine's hand, waiting for her to take a step back before he and Scott moved the shelf out of the way. The two of them stared at the thing on the wall before Stiles took a step back, pointing at the cracks. "Look at the cracks in the wall. Looks like the entrance outside, it only opens with claws. Anyone's claws, right?"

     Stiles and Scott exchanged looks with one another, and if Elaine cared enough to pay attention, she would've noticed the subtle nod towards Malia. Scott turned to look at Malia. "Malia, can you try?"

     Malia frowned. "Why me?"

     "I don't have control." Scott said, showing her his hands.

     Malia glanced between the two for a moment before shrugging her shoulders. "Okay, I'll do it." She paused. "But first tell me what you've been hiding from me." At this Elaine looked up. "I know you think you're trying to protect me, but I can handle it." They were about to say it, Elaine could see it in both of their eyes, but before they could speak, Malia said, "I know I'm on the list."

     "Yes. . ." Stiles swallowed, his eyes darting towards Elaine before looking back towards Malia.

     "So, how much?" Malia questioned.

     "How much what?"

     "How much am I worth?"

     Scott answered, "Four million."

     Malia paused for a moment, causing Stiles to look at her. "Are you okay?"

     "Yeah. Scott's worth 25, Kira six and Elaine 40. They'll take you guys out way before me."

     Scott glanced at Stiles who quietly said, "It's progress."

Everyone focused their attention on Malia, watching as she used her claws to twist the key to the left, to the right, and then into the wall. The wall rose, revealing a room. Stiles grabbed Elaine's hand as they walked into the vault. Once they were all inside, the door closed behind them. They all sat in the room. Kira paced back and forth, Scott's back was pressed against a shelf, Malia was sitting by herself, her brain processing what was happening, and Elaine was laying across Stiles' lap, with Stiles playing with her hair.