𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER ELEVEN:❝︎Quarantine❞︎

CHAPTER ELEVEN:
❝︎Quarantine❞︎

SHE WAS RUNNING LATE. Her alarm hadn't went off and her brother didn't wake her. Elaine was panicking. She sped into the school parking lot, checking the time on her phone and cursing under her breath before jumping out of the car and running inside. When she spotted Stiles, Scott, Kira, and Malia, she quickly ran up to them, roughly sending a punching to Scott's shoulder causing the wolf to jump in pain, placing a hand on his now hurt shoulder. He looked at Elaine with wide eyes.

     "What was that for?" Scott asked in disbelief, rubbing his arm.

     "You didn't wake me up, you asshole." Elaine grumbled, clenching her jaw and crossing her arms over her chest.

     "I tried." Scott defended himself. "I even got Stiles and Malia to try and wake you up, but you wouldn't budge."

     "I thought you were dead." Stiles nodded in confirmation. Elaine looked between the three of them and closed her eyes, sighing. Stiles smiled, swinging an arm around her shoulders. "It's alright, Laney. You're here now. You get to retake this test with us so that you can be better than Lydia."

     Elaine's mouth dropped slightly. "Hey! That is not why I'm retaking it."

     Stiles narrowed his eyes at her. "Don't lie to me."

     Elaine turned her head to look at him. "I'm not lying. . . not completely."

     Stiles snapped his fingers. "Hah! I knew it."

     Elaine rolled her eyes. "Listen, there's no way in hell that I'm getting a better score than Lydia. But my self esteem would appreciate it if I tried better and got my score just a little closer to hers."

     "At least it's only three hours." Kira sighed, trying to be optimistic. "We can survive three hours." She received looks from all of them, causing her to shrink slightly under there gazes.

They all entered the classroom, Elaine silently thanking God that they were all in the same class together. They all put their fingerprints onto their papers, handing their phones in and taking their collective seats. Elaine was ready, determined to get a higher score than last time. She knew that she could do it. She may not be Lydia smart, but she was pretty intelligent. She smiled at Stiles as he took a seat beside of her.

     "Hey," Stiles whispered. "You're going to do great. You got this, Laney."

     Elaine smiled. "Thank you, Stiles. You got this too."

     Stiles smiled and nodded before turning to his test booklet, placing his pencil in his mouth and opening up the booklet. Elaine couldn't help but silently chuckle at the boys antics, shaking her head slightly in amusement when the teacher said not to open the test booklet until they were instructed to do so.