[12] Beautiful Distraction

b e a u t i f u l  d i s t r a c t i o n
CONRAD'S POV:

I'm in the middle of reading the summaries I assigned to be due today when my phone flashes with a certain contact across the screen.

"Hey Coco," she says over the line.

I set down my pen and relax in my chair a little bit. "You called."

She snorts. Her little snort. "You told me to."

"You also kissed me," I reply, raising an eyebrow to myself. Hell yeah she kissed me. She also kissed me good.

"You liked it," she mumbles, her voice going softer on the other side.

I smirk. "You did too."

"That, my dude, I am not going to admit to," she says in her Covey way. "But you are stinkin' good looking, Coco Puff. Not gonna lie about that one. I mean, have you seen your abs? Whew, I feel like I need to bathe in holy water—" This girl. 

"Why did you kiss me?"

She says something along the lines of 'Uh—well—um...' and then challenges, "Well, why did you kiss me back?"

I contemplate her question for a couple seconds before chuckling, leaning forward in my chair a little bit. "You weren't necessarily complaining when my tongue was in your mouth," I say, my voice going deeper than usual.

"Stop it," she whispers.

"Stop what?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows.

She sighs. "Stop exposing me."

"But it's true, you did."

I hear her facepalm herself, groaning. She groans—god, I need to stop. "Oh my dinos, Coco. Let it go."

I steeple my chin between my thumb and index finger. I hear her humming the tune to a song I don't know in the background. "I want to see you," I state.

"You just want to touch me," she replies, laughing. 

"No, I want to see you, Covey." I let out an exhale, not sure how to necessarily describe what I want. Quite frankly I want a lot of things from her. "As in see you, be around you." And kiss you.

"I know, told you I'm awesome-sauce."

Stretching my arms over my head, I sigh. "You even taste better than it."

"Conrad!"

"Covey," I whisper.

"Coco," she teases.

"Kid."

I hear her pout. "Hey."

"Hey," I mock.

"Meanie."

"Fucker." Haha, fuck her. Shit, get yourself together.

She gasps, letting out a small grumble. "Fucker."

"Hey, don't say those words," I say, clenching my jaw. "No, no cussing for you."

"Good because I really hate that word," she mutters. I can almost feel her eye roll. "Fucker." Oh my god, Covey. What am I gonna do with her? 

"I'm serious," I deadpan.

I hear her smile even though I can't see her. "I know, Coco."

"So when can I pick you up?"

"In your dreams," she says, snorting. Fuck, does she know?

"Actually, Cove." Why does she have to be so oblivious sometimes? "I actually want to see you."