[22] Just Her

j u s t  h e r
CONRAD'S POV:

Her hand is in mine as we walk foot for step.
Her hair is tied back into a low bun above her shoulders.
A smile is on her face as it always is, only I know it's 'cause of me.
Her. It's just her. That's all I see.

I have a feeling that now, she's all I'll ever see.

And that is not fucking good.

She's clouded my thoughts from the moment she stepped foot in the lecture hall that first day of classes. The way she fumbled over her words, made snarky comments in an innocent manner, the way her lip would always find its way in between her teeth. Everything about her said 'sod off' to my professionalism as she slowly chipped her way into my mind. And once she found a big enough opening, I was done for. She controlled my thoughts, actions, desires. 

And now I'm walking next to her in the hallway of my suite building thinking, 'How the hell did it ever get to this point?'

We get to the elevator and she presses the button. "Have you ever seen the movie Elf?"

I furrow my eyebrows together as I look down at her and shake my head. "No, it sounds stupid."

She gasps, clutching a hand to her chest. "That's offensive, Buddy is like my bestie."

"What's up with you and Christmas shit?" I grumble, slightly rolling my eyes. 

"What's up with you and bad words?" she chides back.

I smirk, pulling her close to me. "You know you like it."

She pushes away from my arms when the elevator doors open up, and she turns around to stick her tongue out at me. "Maybe I do," she contemplates, watching as I step in beside her. "But maybe and quite possibly I don't."

"You sure do have a way with words," I say, snaking an arm around her waist.

She laughs. God her laugh. "That's funny 'cause I was thinking the same thing about you."

"Were you now?" I ask, closely against her ear. I feel her straighten her shoulders under my touch. "And what about my words do you like?"

She shuts her eyes and her breathing shallows before she whispers, "Nothing."

I shift around so that I'm in front of her now, my hips pressed against her stomach and both arms above her head. "I asked you a question, Covey, and I want it answered."

She looks up at me, blinking. Just blinking. Her eyelashes fluttering, her dazzling hazel eyes shining under the golden elevator light, her skin so clear it's as pure as water. And then the doors open and we're at the top floor and she bites her lip and I want to take her back down to my apartment so I can kiss the life out of her.

 Fuck bad timing. Literally hate it.

Reluctantly, I step away from her and walk out the doors, turning right towards the gym. She follows behind me and slides her hands into mine, giving it a couple squeezes, and then she stops abruptly. I turn around to look at her and she rocks back and forth on her heels. 

"What?" I ask, not so much glaring at her and not so much smiling.

"I like that they make me feel things," Covey says quietly, staring down at her feet. "I like that they, you know, only come from you. I like how they're cold and cool and collected, even when I can't wrap my head around exactly what you're trying to say or what you're suggesting."

I step forward, close enough to where I can grab her face in my hands so she looks up at me. She has such a beautiful face. Angelic. Unforgettable. One in a million.

"I like that they send shivers down my spine," she breathes out, searching both my eyes.

Oh shit, she's trying to read what I'm thinking. Fuck.

I look away, over her head, and nod. "Like how I tell you I want to tie you up again and make you come for me?" I inquire, lowering my mouth to her ear. I place a kiss behind it, saying, "And how I think you smell divine, intoxicating even." My lips trail the side of her neck and she grips my biceps for support. "And how you taste so sweet, how I can literally kiss you all day?"

I feel her nod into my neck. "Yeah, that."

I pull away from her and back up, cocking my head to the side in thought. "Good to know."

"I know you like chicken nuggets, mister. Don't go thinking you have the upperhand now," she replies, pointing a finger at me.

"I like your chicken nuggets," I smirk, running my tongue along me teeth.

She gives me a tiny glare and scrunches her nose up. "Just, no." Her tiny hand waves me off and I chuckle to myself. She knows she likes it.

******

"That's not the proper form for a squat," I say over my shoulder, finishing up my reps.

She sighs, looking at me in the mirror. "Last time I checked my booty was bigger than yours."

I shake my head, getting up from the bench press and walking over to her. "But I'm stronger than you, and I also don't have an hourglass figure."

"Maybe you should eat more dino chicken nuggets," she suggests, putting the dumbells she was using down. "They are full of protein."

"I drink protein shakes that are actually full of protein," I say, putting an arm around her. "Those chicken nuggets of yours are all full of GMO and processed shit."

"At least they're yummy," she mumbles, picking the weight back up. "Spot me?"

I press my lips into a tight line and nod. Anything to fucking touch you, baby. "Yeah, of course."

She stands with her feet shoulder width apart and holds the weight against her chest before looking at me. "I don't workout all the time, just so you know."

"I doubt that," I reply. "You run everyday."

"I try to run everyday," she corrects me, before dropping down into a squat. 

Shit. Fuck. Dammit. Holy hell. Crap. Double crap. Fuck.

All the fucking cuss words in the English language. 

I fix her posture and she glares at me, causing me to chuckle. "Lean your weight onto you heels more," I whisper, watching her intensely. 

She stands back up straight again and sighs dramatically. "Listen, Coco Puff. My butt is perfectly fine, so why don't you keep your dum-dum comments to yourself."

I click my teeth and she snickers. "Fine, Cove. I hope you get knee damage when you get older because you didn't have the proper form when working out."

She widens her eyes. "Oh my dinos, that can happen?"

"Uh, no shit sherlock?" I say, raising an eyebrow.

She narrows her eyes. "Now's not the time to get all sarcastic, mister."

"You can call me Sir," I suggest, smirking.

"Yes, Sir." She smirks back and then smiles, laughing to herself. People would pay to know what you're thinking, kid.

As in people, I mean me.

I would love to fucking know what goes on inside that brain of yours.  

******
AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Goddammy, I love them. I like- I like, I just love them. I also have a phatttt crush on Conrad.

On a serious note though, drop some ship names for Conrad and Covey <333

Love you! Have a great day. Make sure to vote, comment, add to your public reading lists, and share with your friends/mutuals!! Also, drop a message to my message board or send me a PM anytime! I'm always here for you guys :)