[21] Good Morning

g o o d  m o r n i n g
COVEY'S POV:

You'd think waking up next to the hottest guy you've ever laid your eyes on would be a dream come true, and well, it is when he's not suffocating the life out of you. But it's okay, I'll make a certain exception for my Coco Puff.

I try to push Conrad off of me a little bit, but he doesn't budge, not even an inch. His arms are wrapped around my waist and his chest is pressed against my face and his legs are intertwined with mine. I let out a tiny grunt as I wiggle my way up so I can at least breathe, and that seems to wake Mr. Grumpy Grinch up.

He rolls over and rubs his eyes before pulling me to his lap by the back of my legs.

"Good morning, Coco," I say, letting out a tiny yawn, my arms reaching over my head as I smile at him.

"Morning, Covey," he says, his voice croaky and groggy and husky all at once.

I put my hands on his chest and lean forward a little. Call me greedy but he needs to repeat that. "Say that again."

He shakes his head before shutting his eyes. "Morning, Covey."

Woah.

Someone get me some milk.

Or dino chicken nuggets. Either one. Or perhaps both?

I bite my lip and trace random shapes on the smooth skin of his chest, and he reaches one of his hands up to grab my own, playing with my fingers.

"You know," he starts, his gray irises connecting with my hazel ones. "You have pretty little hands." His fingers then disconnect with my hand and trace my jaw, outlining my face from my chin to my cheekbone to my nose, my eyebrows, all until he tucks a piece of hair behind my ear. "And you have a pretty little face with delicious lips." He drags his thumb across my bottom lip.

I try to hide my smile, and I grab his jaw with both hands before scrunching his mouth up with my thumb and index finger. "You have a pretty face too, dude."

I feel his muscles tense and he glares at me.

"Very handsome and alluring," I add, smiling wide. "You sure are a hot one." Oh my dinos, Covey.

Conrad furrows his eyebrows together before saying, "We never finished the movie last night."

No, really?

A blush painting over my cheeks, I say, "We—uh—got distracted."

He smiles and wraps his arms around me, his hands finding their way under the sweatshirt I'm wearing. "You got distracted, and I was getting head. And holy shit, it was some good—"

I groan, hiding my head in the crook of his neck. "Conrad—"

"That's my name," he chuckles, his chest vibrating from the sound.

I hit him in the chest. "Coco Puff, don't say that. Those are naughty words."

"Well you've been doing a lot of naughty things lately then," he whispers suggestively.

I let out another groan. "Conrad, I'm serious."

He runs his fingers along my back in a soothing, hypnotizing kind of way. "Covey, baby, don't get embarrassed around me. I like you for who you are."

And I think time stops for five whole seconds.

I've never been liked—never before—not even by my own parents. So why is there a man nine years older than me, a lot more attractive than I could even explain, who has a penthouse as an English teacher—like, how can he like me? How?

So I lift my head up and ask, "You... like me?"

Holy snizzle crackers.

Conrad tightens his hold around me as if I'd run away from him, and says, "I am very in tune with my emotions, Cove—at least, sometimes—and I'm very attracted to you. In more ways than one."

I think I melted.

I feel like Olaf from Frozen.

I think the dinosaurs took me to the dust with them.

I think... I think I need some dino chicken nuggets.

I reach up and tangle my hands in Conrad's morning hair. Blushing to myself, I say, "I like you too, Coco Puff."

"I know, kid." He kisses my temple. "I know."

"Do you teach today?" I ask, fluttering my eyelashes against his neck.

He nods, letting out a throaty chuckle. "Sure, I can teach you some other things."

"Not that kind of teaching," I grumble. "Do you have any lectures?"

He sighs and sits up a little more. "In the afternoon. Do you have classes I need to get you back for?"

I shake my head. "Today is a free day for me, but I want to get out for a run."

"We could go to the gym together?" he suggests, biting down a smile. Oh, so that makes him happy? Good to know me dying from actually working out would bring him pleasure.

I take a finger and hold it up to his lips. "I don't workout like that," I tell him, smirking.

He bites my finger and I let out a tiny shriek. "C'mon, Cove."

I shake my head.

"Please," he says, pouting his lower lip.

"God, you're such a baby," I laugh, hitting his chest playfully. "Who would've thought?"

He glares at me and throws me to the side, getting up from the bed before tackling me and pinning my arms to the mattress. "Come to the gym with me, please."

"What if someone sees us?" I ask, trying to wink at him. Dang it, I wish I could wink. Now I'm just winking with two eyes.

He purses his lips together and shakes his head. "No, the gym is on the top floor of the building," he explains. "Pretty sure no one from school lives here."

I eye him warily and say, "I don't have any clothes to workout in."

He lets a few choice words fall from his lips before he sits up and runs a hand through his hair. "You're wearing spandex right now and you've got on a sports bra, Covey. Please just come with me."

"Can we get dino chicken nuggets later?" I ask, giving him a certain look—doey puppy eyes.

He nods, pulling me up by my arms. "Come on."

"And some chocolate?" I add, offering him a toothy grin.

Conrad looks at me for a second like I'm crazy. Whatever major loser. But then he says, "Sure," and suddenly it's okay.

"I think I'm coo-coo for Cocoa Puffs," I whisper to myself, following him into the bathroom. "And sir, I'm using your toothbrush again."

"What's mine is yours, kid," he chuckles, shaking his head as he leads the way.

******
AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Ah, I literally love when they're cute with each other. They're so good for one another- AHHH I want a Conrad in my life ;-;

And you all thought it started in chapter ten but nope. This is when the rollercoaster begins <3 

Please vote, comment, share, and enjoy!