[51] Daddy Issues

d a d d y  i s s u e s
CONRAD'S POV:

As soon as we get in the house, Covey lets the puppy down on the ground before turning to me with a massive grin on her face. "Thankies!" She wraps her arms around my neck to kiss me.

Moaning against her lips, I go to pull away. "You're welcomes," I mutter, looking over her shoulder at the tiny dog sniffing around the house. "Now make sure he doesn't piss on our furniture."

"Yes, Sir." She gives me a salute and I roll my eyes. "Cooper Dino Monroe is a good name, isn't it?"

"So is Covey Monroe," I call after her, walking into the kitchen. I pour myself a glass of wine and then meet her back in the living room. "The only thing I ever want to change about you is your last name."

"And my marital status," she adds, pointing a finger at me with the dog on her lap. "And my tummy size."

I let out a small scoff. "That all comes with getting my last name. You earn it all when you let me put a ring on your finger." What a fucking reward.

Cooper jumps out of her lap and waltzes over to me. I scoop him up and pet him behind the ear. "You look cute, let me take a picture," Covey says, reaching around her back pocket to grab her phone.

As if he was the plague, I give the dog back to her and shake my head. "No, I'm not one for pictures."

"But you're so friggin' good looking, Coco Puff." Then she looks up at me sheepishly. "You know... but you already know that."

I smirk and lean down to kiss her. She cuts my lips off hers short in a peck before going back to petting the puppy. Oh fuck no. I'm not competing for attention with a dog now. Growling, I pick Cooper up and set him on the ground as I lower my mouth onto hers again. She moans, shaking her head.

"Conrad—"

"Covey," I groan, holding her face in my hands.

She sighs before running her tongue up my top lip. I peck her nose and then her left cheek and then her right, and then I place my mouth on hers and she responds by pulling me closer to her. Our lips move in sync, and I'm hungry while she's patient and I'm not having it.

"The puppy," she mumbles, but I barely hear her and start kissing her neck. "He's gonna ruin your couch."

"I'll buy another one, baby." I sigh, wrapping my arms around her waist as I put my head on her shoulder. "I've have a really long day, so can you just look me in the fucking eye for two minutes so I feel a little bit better about it?"

She turns her head so her gaze is on mine. "Who pissed in your cereal this morning?"

"Covey." I give her a warning look, raising an eyebrow.

"Pissed is not a bad word," she says, crossing her arms underneath me. "Neither is hell or crap or fooking or freaking or ass. I mean, for one, jackass is in the Bible. And that's the Word of God, the Word of Truth... and you know, God doesn't lie—"

"Stop getting smart with me, amore." 

She bites her lower lip and nods. "Okay."

"Thank you," I breathe out, rolling my shoulder back. Just then my phone rings and I don't bother to check the caller-ID before answering. "This is Conrad Monroe."

"Son."

I look down at Covey and sit up. "I told you not to call me back."

"I wasn't done speaking to you earlier."