8. KNJ

Kim Namjoon has always been the perfect heir, the perfect son, and one of the best players in the business industry. He carried himself well and made a name for himself without the influence of his family name. Everyone looks at him with respect and envy, but behind closed doors, he is still a regular guy. He falls in love and got brokenhearted as a normal person would. What is not normal about his situation is the need to hide his emotions from everyone. He has his pride after all.

He went to work as early as he can, acknowledging the greetings from the employees as he goes, wanting so hard to drown himself in work so that his mind won't stray to his ex-fiancee. No. He doesn't want to think about Seokjin and his shenanigans with his new fiancee Yoongi.

"Mr. Kim, a new set of employees will be here at 10 Am and we need you for the final screening." His secretary reported as soon as he settles inside his office.

"Remind me again later, bring me all the reports from the marketing team and I will check them one by one." He briskly said with only one thing in mind. He doesn't want to think about his ex-fiancee and being busy as fuck really works.

With that thought in his mind, he started working with intensity, silently steering the activities inside his domain where everything is under his control. As to how things should be. He is Kim Namjoon, heir to one of the richest families. A man who has been acknowledged as one of the best in his league.

His secretary worriedly looked into the closed door of Namjoon's office. It is not unusual for the CEO to skip meals but she knows there is something different about him that day. She knows about what happened, oh the whole building has been buzzing with rumors about the fiancee switch that had happened but since the media has never reported that to the public the rumors stay as rumors.

"Shall I remind him again?" She mutters to herself but hesitated knowing how ill-tempered the taller man is when he's in his very own grumpy mood.

A few more minutes passed by and she let go of her fears and went for it. Tapping on the door before opening it, she peeks inside and smiled awkwardly at the busy man.

"Mr. Kim? The new employees are in. Shall we go down to meet them or reschedule for your convenience?" She cheekily asked which earned a glare from the man who huff under his breath before answering.

"I'll go down now to meet them." He dismissively said as he get up.

"Why do I have to be bothered by the newly hired anyway?" Namjoon said in irritation.

"Tradition. You can blame your father for this Mr. Kim."

The taller man grunts in annoyance, fuck tradition. He hates tradition to hell and back. It is the reason why he doesn't have Seokjin, the need to follow the freaking tradition set by their great grandparents.

They went inside the receiving room and Namjoon walks briskly towards his seat. Very eager to finish and get the heck out of that room and stew in his own misery.

"The CEO has arrived everyone, I like to present to you Mr. Kim Namjoon."

"Good morning Mr. Kim." The applicants greeted him and he let his eyes scan the crowd. Silently picking the best from the rest, until his eyes zoned in on a certain someone who seems to be hiding from him and is inching himself behind the bulkier applicant in Infront of him.

"Hoseok?" He muttered dumbly as he looked at the smaller man who sneaked a peek at him and turned away.

What the heck is he doing here?

"Please come and stand at the center of the room when your name is called. We will ask a few questions and you're free to go and wait for our call if it is decided that you're hired or not. In the meantime, please go to the waiting area on the left side of the room." The secretary instructed them and all followed suit.