15. Sweetest What If's

Hoseok looked at his hands, currently intertwined with Yoongi's bigger ones. They have been that way too many times before, in fact, since he grew up thinking that the older man will be his husband they have acted as more than lovers before except for the sex part since his father has the talk with the Min heir and told him the importance of keeping it clean until after the wedding. He smiled and held on tight to that warm hand that holds his own. He missed this, missed being wanted and treated right. Yoongi looked back and see the younger man with a small smile on his face.

"What are you smiling about Hoba..."

"Nothing hyung, I am just happy." the younger man gently said.

"I am very happy too because I have you where you belong."

"and where do I belong?"

"By my side..." Yoongi said with a wide grin.

Hoseok giggle loudly while punching the other on his arm.

"Too cheesy hyung." Hoseok whines in embarrassment.

Hoseok felt like floating in clouds during that day, he totally left all the worries behind and just focus on Yoongi. He felt safe, no harm shall ever befall him when he is with his Yoongi hyung he just knows it. Albeit there is a small voice inside his head that he will be scolded by Namjoon once they get back to reality but he ignores it, for now, he wants peace.

Yoongi took him to places, they rest for while eating, relaxing, and stretching their legs with walks to the parks and malls until another night fell. The man took him to a secluded restaurant where you can eat under the starry sky. There are so many lights around the place, even the trees are illuminated by small lights. He stood up and let the older man take him towards the biggest tree in the area, behind it is the view of the city. So near yet so far, so brightly lit by the city nightlife.

"This place is so pretty hyung, I wonder why there are not many people around."

"This is my property, I haven't instructed my team to promote it yet. You can see some of the locals are here already but we are the only ones from the city."

"Wow, this is yours hyung. Nice, why aren't you promoting it yet? You will gain lots from this investment,"

"I wanted to take you here first, I want to show you my place before I let the public swarm in here."

Hoseok looks at the man and sighs, Yoongi always puts him first. What more can he ask for really, that is the question he keeps on asking his stupid heart. He wonders why he feels something for Namjoon. He likes Yoongi but he felt something much stronger, different from the Kim heir. He feels the pull toward the man who clearly is not feeling the same way as him.

"Hyung, thank you. I appreciate everything you do for me, I just want to say I'm sorry." Hoseok said with a broken smile and teary eye as he looks at his ex before shifting his gaze at the city view. Letting the other man engulf his frame into a hug, feeling Yoongi's firm chest behind his back.

"I wanted to hate you, you know. It will make the transition easier. It will make me move on faster, forget you, and every good memory I have with you. But I can't. I come to realize that I am utterly in love with you. You can do anything and I will be okay with it. I can help you with murder if you wanted me to, heck it would be okay for me if you want to kill me too and I will do everything on my accord. I will be happy with every scenario I might face with you. It's pitiful right?" Yoongi seriously said as he enjoys hugging the other for the last time.

Hoseok is openly crying now as he heard Yoongi. He knew him like the back of his hand, he might not sound like it but Yoongi is spilling words right from his heart. And then he knew right there and then that he doesn't deserve a Min Yoongi. He is too good for a nobody like him.

"Hyung, when we are together I stayed faithful. I devoted myself to you, when my mind tends to stray I always fight with myself. I push everyone out of my mind and think of you, only you. To me, you are one of the most important people in my life and I don't deserve an ounce of your love. I don't have any say on things but I want you to know my days with you are the happiest days of my life. I will give you that. You always complained back then that I always take pictures, I have them on my laptop. I collected memories hyung, I collected happy memories with you. And now that I am faced with uncertainties in my life I will always look back on my days with you. You will be my strength. I hope I can be yours too." Hoseok turns and looks intensely at his ex-fiancee.

"You are always my strength Hoba." Yoongi forces a smile while returning Hoseok's looks.

"I've always wanted to do this hyung..." Hoseok whispers.

"What..."

"You and me under the star...me being kissed by you,"

Yoongi blushed at the statement, rubbing a hand on his nape.

"If you always wanted to do what then why you didn't tell me before. I will gladly do that and more..." the man said with a chuckle.

Hoseok rolled his eyes at Yoongi's inflating ego. He grabbed the other on his shirt and pulled him close.

"Shut up and kissed me Min." he huskily said.

Yoongi immediately put an arm around the younger man's small waist before forcefully pulling him closer and kissing the air out of him, with so much love and passion. Just like how Hoseok wanted him to.

---------------------------------

The Min shrine has been ecstatic for days. The Gods have been favoring their line for days now. The balance has been in chaos and the priestesses knew that the Kims will be furious. They have always been the favored ones, now they will know how it feels to have the Moon Goddess's blessings be bestowed to other lines than theirs.

The second layer has been broken and they knew it has something to do with their heir Min Yoongi and his lover from the Kim of Gwacheon. They must treat the situation with caution. For them, it will always come down to Yoongi. Whatever the heir wants they will support. No matter what the outcome is.

TBC