24. Ritual

"Master Hoseok, it's time..."

Hoseok look up to Zee, Namjoon said he will be assisted by this man and no other shall enter his room except for him. He trust his provider. He slowly stood up and exhaled, opening and closing his hands to let the blood flow. He motions for Zee and they both exit the room quietly.

"I'm afraid of what's going to happen in there, you guys sure live in a creepy place...no offense." He mutters as the other man kindly smiled.

"People from the city will always be weirded out by us, for you guys we're just some primitive people who's living out of nowhere. The thing is we were brought up like this, we were thought to obey the council and respect the elder's decision for the good of our clan." Zee calmly answers.

"You need to obey even though things are against you? I get what you mean but did you know that Namjoon and I are here because those elders just wanted to make sure we are the fated ones? And if we are not, they are probably going to separate us. I don't get it, why they are so obsessed with the prophecy over the three family."

"As I grew up they told me that the strings must always be connected, the bond must always be strong for our families to prosper and flourish till the end of days. The elders are probably afraid of what's going to happen if the strings get messed up."

Zee stop by a huge door, it goes way up to the ceiling and as the man reaches out for the knob Hoseok grabbed him by the arms.

"Before I go inside, I just want to ask you something... Do you believe in it...in the prophecy? And do you think something bad will happen if Namjoon and I decide for ourselves and not by that freaking prophecy..."

"I believe in it because I grow up in this place, you don't believe in it because you have grown up not knowing about it. But to answer your other question, if something bad might happen after you enter and exit this door, you will find the support from our people towards whatever decision you might make with our Kim Namjoon. We have full support for our leader, even in bad days." Zee bows his head as he motions for Hoseok to go forward, opening the door widely for the leader's carrier.

Hoseok looked forward with determination in his eyes, scanning the crowded place until his eyes fell on Namjoon who is sitting at the center of a decorated circle along with his brother Jin and Yoongi. Namjoon stood up when he saw his carrier and wait for him to come closer.

"Are you okay?" Namjoon kindly asked knowing how terrible the smaller man feel at that moment. To be displayed blatantly like a freaking show after all these people.

"I am now..." Hoseok smiled as he looked fondly at the taller man and let him assist him as he takes a seat.

"Stop flirting, sit down Hoba. The faster this thing finish the faster I will calm down." Yoongi mutter as he looks around in disgust. There's so many people around, looking at them like they exist to entertain them.

Namjoon and Hoseok look pointedly at each other before holding each other's hands underneath the table.

"Can we start now please, I need to pee in another thirty minutes..." Jin testily said, Yoongi grumbled under his breath, patience is waning for these elders.

"You heard him, better start now or else he will pee in here..."

The elders mutters among themselves, shaking their heads in disappointment. One man stood up and opens the smaller door at the left side of the room. Women in white robes suddenly enters the room, they surrounded the table where the four men sit at, holding hands and making a huge circle around. They bowed their heads and started to pray to the moon goddess.

"May the moon goddess reveals the truth, blurred by the darkness of the night, let the moon shine and shower us with light so we can see the strings that binds us."