01 - Cupid, no!

Gods are fundamental beings to maintain the balance of the Universe and the existence of the Law. But the Gods have difference to each other.

There are two factions separated. One who bounds the celestial bodies, or worlds. And another is unbounded and old ones. They are called World Gods and Outer Gods.

World Gods, Gods born in specific world and only be tied up in their world's business or those worlds that connected to their world. Their form specific to the image that the mortals worship, and they are feed to the mortals' faith.

Outer Gods, or also called Old Ones, Gods born when the universe began to form. They are Law themselves, free to the world's shackles but maintains their work according to their Law. There are many forms they can form, unlike the World Gods who only have one form.

Both faction have the same business but they use their powers differently. World Gods only focus to their world, while Outer Gods can interfere the worlds.

And among the Gods, there are Gods who are born before the universe formed. They are called Origins. And only two have born.

To begin this story, this story begins to one of the Origins' life before begin to get twisted.

......

It was a typical day to all Gods who's working to maintain the balance of the Universe and the existence of the Law. Well, there is no concept of time for the Outer Gods but some are begin to use the concept of time.

Among them is a woman, whose using the stars as her veil and the light and darkness as her dress. Crown-like golden-black horns with pure white tiny wings of each sides.

Light and veil covers her face. No one can see her face, but she can see every details of the universe so clear and detailed. Small planetary worlds that as big as a baseball orbiting around her, and every steps she took reflects the life of every stars.

Wherever she goes, the universe follows her steps. The universe seems to get emotional by making the stars shines like bright diamonds as a way to express it's emotion. It shines so bright, as reference as being delighted to her arrival.

This woman, is actually, one of the Origins. She have many titles that the other Gods given to her.

Origin of Order...

Supreme Creator...

Ruler of the Gods...

Balance Keeper...

Primordial Deity...

To those who are close to her, they refer to call her by her name:

GQuest.

That name is a name made by herself. She just randomly made a name, and she likes this name. So she often use it that her friends and her husband began to call her.

GQuest was doing her usual daily routine. Her clones we're loitering around the universe to solve all 'Fallen Worlds', abnormalities, and imbalance.

It was her usual daily routine, doing the same thing every single day. It was not boring and also not fun, it was a usual work that must be done.

Suddenly, she feel an unusual and familiar source. Her cold emotionless eyes with twin pupils of green and gold gazes through the void and saw the source of trouble.

It was a yellowish-pink-haired lady dress in an egyptian dancer-style clothes and yellowish-pink wings on her back with her lower face covers with thin pink veil. She just touch the glowing string and that it got snapped.

Seeing that troublemaker makes her pissed. Frowning, [[Cupid! This is a XXXXXX times you messed up the Law! Get out of there before I throw you into the Void again!]]

GQuest move and instantly arrive to where Cupid is. The place she come is the Law's Void, a restricted place with highest security that could be found.

But Cupid, this stupid girl, easily bypass the security with no reasons could be found.

Cupid complain, [[I'm just looking for a way of love!]]

[[To make Light love you? Why don't you just give up? Light won't love you, even if you use all methods!]] GQuest pissed out that she started lecturing Cupid, or Love, the Outer God who maintains the order of love.

Cupid grumbles and when she touch the aquamarine string, the space grumbles, and their tracks stop. Cupid got panic while GQuest maintains her calm but her frown never hides.

She look at the string Cupid just snapped, then she began to pale, [[Cupid, what have you done?! You just snapped the Law of Causality!]]

Then cracks formed behind her. Fragments fallen and a wormhole appeared on the other side. She loose her guard, unexpectedly sucked in.

[[Cupid! Just you wait!]] She madly shouted before disappear along the wormhole. The cracks healed in a speed of light, returning to it's tranquility.

Cupid gasped in relief, [[Good thing I'm not the one who's sucked in.]]

[[What have you done to my wife?]]

An ominous voice that could make her soul disappear echoes through her ears. She flinched, she knows the voice but it was unexpected to her.

Slowly turning her head, she greet the voice with a stiff smile, [[Hello...Chaos...]]

Behind her is a man, where darkness is his windbreaker cloak and a mask made of fragments of the dead worlds. Mist covers his entire lower body with it connected to his long black hair that reaches his waist.

Horns are like branches, his purplish-red reptilian eyes deadly stares to the meek Cupid.

Cupid avoided his gaze before saying, [[Well...actually...it was an accident. I touch the Law of Causality, turn the space getting cracked and a wormhole sucked her in before she disappear...]]

Her voice gets lower and lower that it was to be considered as a whisper. With the hearing of an Outer God, he clearly hear her speaking.

Chaos still continue to stare, and Cupid just heavily sweat in this heavy pressure. Suddenly, Chaos grab her collar, she began to beg,

[[Prince! I'm sorry! I didn't mean it so please don't throw me to the Vo-]]

Chaos, or Prince, casually throw her behind without any care. A purplish-red portal appear and Cupid enter before it disappear.

Prince raise his hand. The Laws slowly returns to it's normal state like it never happened. He slightly touch the Law of Causality.

Unlike Cupid, the string never breaks. The Law flashes through his mind, finding the answer to his question. He close his eyes for a second before he open them, mutters, [[GQuest was send to that world.]]

A portal appear in front of him. Suddenly, he chuckles, [[It was a right timing. That world just happened to be under my watch.]]

[[Let's watch how my lovely wife change the flow of the world as a mortal.]] A lovely smile that it looks like a scam smile shown under his mask. He enter to the portal before disappear.