11 - This academy is... (4)

Shrek Academy.

As definitely says, this academy exist in four seasons of Soul Land as the foundation for the protagonists, or ‘Destinies’ in GQuest’s mouth, as the first step to their path. It is an academy only accepted monstrous talents all over the continent, and this academy become the No. 1 Academy starting with the first generations of Shrek Seven Devils until the future Interstellar Era. (According to the story plot of Soul Land 4)

Right now, this academy is low-rated as there is only low number of students because of highly stricted requirements and is about to decline with only Tang San’s batches as the last if not for their help to make the academy continue to exist.

With Tang San’s Purple Demon Eye’s eyesight and Gu Qianhua’s godly senses, they can see that at the village entrance there seems to be good deal of people gathered for some unknown purpose.

Tang San slightly smiled, saying, “For our previous question, perhaps the people of this village will know where the Shrek Academy is. A spirit master academy should be very famous, right?”

‘Yes and no.’ Gu Qianhua wanted to say that but held back to her thoughts. This academy may produce monsters, the state of this academy right now is bad, worse than the low-rated spirit academy.

Xiao Wu pointed ahead, laughingly saying, “Brother, go faster.”

Grumpily Tang San lightly swatted her bottom with the back of his hand once, underfoot slightly exerting himself, rapidly advancing in the direction of the village with Gu Qianhua silently follow them behind.

Coming near, they discover something abnormal. At the village entrance indeed a lot of people were gathered. The majority are youngsters similar to their age, and among them a large portion followed by parents.

At the village entrance was arranged a desk, behind a desk sat a sixty-something old man. Except to Gu Qianhua who knows everything, the two were dumbstruck. Reason? Over the arched village entrance made using logs was suspended a seemingly somewhat worn-out board simply engraving two words ‘Shrek Academy’. Above those words was a green portrait, looking similar to a humanoid monster head, bright green, a little cute.

If not for the fact that this is the Shrek Academy’s crest emblem, Gu Qianhua might mistaken that this emblem is an image of ‘Shrek the Movie’ made by ‘Disney’ studio. She have a copy on it given by a fellow Outer God whom she questioning their taste in cartoon movies.

“…No way.” Xiao Wu hopped down from Tang San’s back with her face full of disbelief. Head turn at Tang San, the two in their hearts somewhat stunned. Then heads turn to Gu Qianhua, which is now the silent girl turn more silent.

“Brother, wasn’t Grandmaster mistaken?” Xiao Wu questioning Tang San with a ‘I don’t believe this’ face, “However I look, I still do not think this is like an academy. Probably wouldn’t be a scam, right?”

Tang San said with a wry smile, “Come on, have a look before saying so again.”

Right now, lined up ahead of them were approximately less than a hundred applicants. Among them were not a few people with wrinkled brows, clearly in their hearts holding a similar opinion as Xiao Wu. Ahead of them in the line was a youngster followed by parents at his side, they just heard that youngster’s mother say,

“Isn’t this a mistake? This spirit master academy, possesses the reputation that on graduating the academy can successfully become an imperial viscount?”

The youngster’s father somewhat uncertainly said, “This is what Spirit Hall’s people said, should not be a mistake. But this academy truly is a bit worn down.”

The youngster said, “Dad, I musn’t study here, it’s too shameful. I still could go to Suotuo Intermediate Spirit Master Academy, right? How to say, at junior academy I was also considered a talent.”

The youngster’s father frowned, “Since we’ve already come, let’s wait a minute, right, maybe this is a kind of test. The genuine academy not here at all.”

Gu Qianhua wanted to say that the ‘genuine’ academy is in front of them but fear to ruin the fun. She shut her mouth, preventing a word to speak.

Similar dialogues just came out from the rest of their mouth. Ignoring those noises, she waited for them to be in.

Gu Qianhua knows all rules for the entrance academy. For the first stage, if one surpasses thirteen years of age, or spirit power does not reach over twentieth rank, they failed before reaching to the second stage. Their test is much stricter in this era.

She waited silently for the plot to passed on before it’s their turn for them to take a test. Tang San got distracted for a newcomer, Zhu Zhuqing’s arrival and the old man snap his train of thoughts, with Xiao Wu fiercely glaring at him.

“We’re applying together.” Tang San effort resisted the pain in his hand, having long since prepared thirty gold spirit coins he dropped them in the wooden box. Together with Xiao Wu holding out their hands and Gu Qianhua holding another to Xiao Wu’s.

The old man first examine Xiao Wu, kneading her hand with a nod, saying, “Your age is suitable.”

Then shifted to Tang San, who soon discover an abnormality with a face plasters with disbelief, looking at him with odd looks.

Speaking of abnormality, Gu Qianhua just remember, she is much older than Tang San and Xiao Wu-no, should be much older than anyone in this world. Maybe, the old man found it abnormal?

‘No. I’m genuine 12-years-old young mortal lady.’ And that reminds her, her physiques change to mortal physiques and she is a genuine 12-year-old this year.

Now it’s her turn, the same to Xiao Wu, her bone age is normal. Now is time to check their spirit.

Both three look at each other, simultaneously urging the spirit power within their bodies. Blue, red, and black-and-white light simultaneously leapt out, hundred-year spirit rings spiralling up.

Rabbit ears standing up, white fluffy fur growing on the backs of Xiao Wu’s hands, body subsequently also become even more slender. Spirit Jade Rabbit Body Enhancement.

In Tang San’s palm grew a most ordinary Blue Silver Grass, along with spirit ring effect infusion lightning quick transforming into that grass vine like that day he fought Dai Mubai.

On Gu Qianhua’s side form a four pairs of wings with white side on right and black on left. The white side combine, turn into a long curved blade and black shortened and spread formed into four short curved bladed. A long dark golden curve handle firmly holds in her hand, forming a scythe.

The old man only gave Xiao Wu a casual glance, gaze fall on Tang San’s body and Gu Qianhua’s scythe.

“Unexpectedly it’s Blue Silver Grass. Blue Silver Grass can also cultivate so quickly? And this girl’s spirit is an interesting variable…”

Tang San faintly smile, “Teacher, aren’t you only accepting monsters here? Don’t I count as a monster?”

Gu Qianhua only nodded for accepting the old man’s compliment, hearing Tang San’s question, she thought, ‘You’re already a monster before since birth.’

The old man’s face revealed a rare smile, “It indeed is a small monster. Mubai, bring them inside.”

“Yes.” Dai Mubai, who was standing besides the old man, came to meet them, revealing a smile towards Tang San, but his gaze seemed to still fixed behind Tang San’s back.

Led by Dai Mubai, Tang San, Xiao Wu, and Gu Qianhua followed him together to enter Shrek Academy, which also was that village.