Chapter 20

"Want to talk?"

Me and Jordan are sitting in his truck were both staring forward watching the trick riders practice in the arena. I nod my head no and I see him look at his hands for a second. He looked like he was in thought before he turns to me.

"Can I show you something?" I give a slow nod yes before he pulls out of the parking lot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jordan pulls up to an old house that was quite a ways from the main road. I turn and look at him with confusion written all over my face. He doesn't take his eyes off the house before beginning to speak.

"So in case, you couldn't tell I am not from Tennesse." He says it so light-hearted. "I have lived in Texas my whole life but my mom was born and raised here. She passed away last year. I guess my dad wanted to get away from Texas so he came here. My mom owned this property so after she passed my dad wanted to fix it up so here I am in a brand new state trying to put my life and my dad's life back together. My brother left a little over 5 years ago. I still hold it against him but I'm scared to completely lose him." Jordan started to trail off at the end before he looked over at me. He gives me a weak smile before continuing. "Make sure you don't lose your brother before it's too late I know it hurts but you have to forgive him eventually It will just take some time for you both to heal."

"Where was he?" I asked quietly

"What?"

"Where was he when Kimberly died, where was he while I was in the hospital, no one coming to see me but the nurse to make sure I was still alive, where was he when I first came home and my idiot father, I'm guessing was so drunk he probably couldn't remember what he said to me that night not like he would change what he did say. Why do I have to be there for him when he's never been there for me?"

"Ash you ..."

"NO! Even before he left he was never there for me he has never been there for me. I'm not going to let him show up just as I'm getting my life back together I won't do that to myself." My voice is breaking and tears are running down my face. My eyesight is so blurry I didn't see Jordan move his hand up to my face to wipe away the tears. He leaves his hand resting on my cheek. His had somehow fit perfectly right there.

"I'm sorry." He whispered quietly moving his hand from my face and hugging me now instead. I'm crying into his chest. This is the first time I have actually cried since my brother left and my sister passed.