Chapter 30

By the time Lizz and I get to school, it's the passing period between the 1st and 2nd periods. I make my way to my locker Lizz stops at hers. Jordon is leaning against the locker beside mine looking at his phone he does not spot my small frame appear. I open my locker and see him jump. I was trying to keep my head down so he doesn't see my tear-stained face and puffy eyes with red cheeks. 

"So I was thinking that maybe you could come to dinner one night." Jordon says putting his hand on my shoulder but removing it when he feels me flinch and tense up. I just shrug in response then shut my locker door and start to walk away. "Hey is everything okay?" He puts a finger under my chin and lifts my face so my eyes meet his.

"I'm just busy right now, okay?" My voice shaky and quiet. My eyes pleaded for him to let me breathe.

His hand fell from my face his eyes asking questions his mouth didn't ask. He didn't need to put them in words I already knew what they were. I brush my hand against his and look at him my eyes looking straight into his.

"You didn't do a thing I promise and I'm fine I promise." I state quietly hoping he understands and believes me. I brush my hand against his one more time before walking away. I hear Lizz walk up to Jordon already too far away to make out what she was saying. I didn't need to know though nor did I want to know.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We were at our table in the library Jordon sitting beside me our shoulders touching Lizz and Tristian were throwing popcorn into each other's mouths. I have not said a single word to Jordon since this morning I feel his eyes staring into me but choose to ignore it hoping he will let me be. I had no idea what to say to him. I mean what do you say to a person who almost kissed you? I've also been thinking about my next step. Do I want to risk it and try to mount Pheonix, part of me has been wondering if I should just retire him? 

I get pulled out of my thoughts when I hear my name getting called over and over again. I look up from my notebook and see all of my friends looking at me and Mark has now joined us too. I look at all of them confused about what was happening. I turn to look at Jordon but realize he is no longer sitting beside me but is standing upholding a poster.

WILL YOU GO TO THE WINTER FORMAL WITH ME

Was written in huge silver glittery letters my name was written in cursive at the bottom. I look up to see Jordan's eyes staring at me with a mischievous glint in them. My mouth is hanging open I didn't have any idea what to say and I was thankful that only my friends were in the library today. I now felt even worst about this morning than I had a few minutes ago. My mouth was moving but no words were coming out. I feel Lizz's head on my shoulder she whispered "Say something or nod something, preferably a yes."

I forgot how my head worked and could not remember which way was a yes and which was a no but I managed to get my mind working and nodded yes with a simple gesture. I was not bobbing like a bobble head nor was I smiling as wide as the joker but I really did mean my yes, or at least I think I did.