Chapter 25

Lizz pulls into the rodeo and I practically jump out of her truck. Ignoring the slight pain in my knee and the rain coming down. I make my way to Pheonix. Dr.Marshall is wrapping her wrist when I show up. My eyes are asking the two questions that I won't ask verbally.

"His front right leg is slightly messed up from rearing the stall door also my wrist got a good hit from him too but we will both be okay." She finishes right as Lizz gets beside me. "He needs to get out of this stall, physically he is completely healed from the car accident. He is bored out of his mind which is going to get him seriously injured if he keeps up the rearing thing he is doing."

I nod knowing it's true. I have been avoiding Dr.Marshall for this exact reason I didn't want her to actually tell me that because that means I really need to find some way to exercise him.

"Should he start to be ridden again or is it still too soon for that?" Lizz asked.

"I would wait a week so I know for sure his leg isn't too messed up but if he is completely healed in a week yes he can be ridden. He does need to be hand walked throughout this week though."

"Wait so what caused him to rear up?" Lizz asked.

"I think he is getting bored but I also think it might be anxiety from the storms that have been coming through because he has also been chewing on the stall door." Dr. Marshall stated pointing to the wooden stall door with chew marks on it. "I'm going to give him some herbs and essential oils to calm him down to see if that helps." 

I nod and rub Phoenix's muzzle. Lizz's phone goes off and it makes phoenix freak out. She whispered sorry before walking away to take the phone call. I calm Phoenix down before he could injure himself again. Lizz walks back over.

"I have to go pick up Tristian his truck broke down." She complained, "Do you need a ride or can I go?"  I nod towards the way of the parking lot telling her to go she smiles at me and walks towards the parking lot.

"Do you need a ride or are you actually good?" asked Dr.Marshall. I give her a thumbs up and she gives me a small smile before walking into the feed/tack room

About 10 minutes go by and Dr.Marshall walks out with some feed. After she fed him she gave me one more look before she headed out to her car. I heard her drive off and I could also hear the rain pick up.

"Well boy I guess I should get going." I kissed Phoenix on his muzzle before walking out in the pouring rain. I actually didn't have a ride and I also didn't have a jacket and I am already absolutely soaked. This is going to be a long walk. It's my first time walking from the grounds to home since the injury.

I get to the end of the road leaving the grounds when a familiar pickup truck pulls in. 

"Need a ride?" Jordan asks

"Not from you."

"Just get in and I will explain. I have heated seats."

"Fine." I say not giving much of a fight because i was freezing.