Chapter 31

"I'm freezing." Lizz tells me as we climb into my truck. I laugh and turn up the heat before she can. "Seriously I'm going to lose some limbs or something."

"Stop overreacting, you are such a hypochondriac sometimes." I say as I pull my hair out of its ponytail. She rolls her eyes at me as I am about to pull out when the back door to my truck gets opened.

"What the heck dude?" Lizz snaps at Tristian.

"Oh take a chill pill Lizz, my father has my truck I recognized Ash's, and I am guessing yall are going to the grounds so I am hoping I can catch a ride."

I do not think before I speak "Can you please get a ride with Jordon?" I whisper. I do not even need to turn around to see that he is looking at me. My hands are death-gripping the steering wheel.

"You heard her go away... Shew out." Lizz says flailing her arms about. Thankfully he listens. There is a moment of silence before Lizz speaks again. "You want to tell me what you are thinking?" 

I take a breath my hands still clutching the steering wheel. "I'm gonna try... but I'm going to need my saddle back." a take a minute to pause and think she doesn't say anything. "Also my boots... I need those too." I still refuse to look at her but I bet she has a faint smile playing on her lips.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was the one who got Pheonix out of his stall and I was the one who brought him to the arena and threw the saddle over his back but I was not the one who kept me laughing throughout all of that. I give full credit to Lizz for that and some to Jordon who magically appeared at some point.

I had changed into more appropriate attire for riding and grabbed a helmet. Now I am adjusting the stirrups to the saddle and watching Lizz talk to Tristian. He was saying something that was making her blush. I watched as her nose scrunched up then she burst into laughter. He had a huge smile on his face his eyes admiring the way her smile filled her face. 

Jordon came up to me and is standing next to me. I turn to look at him and he offers me a small smile before reaching up and brushing his hand against my chin. He clasps the latch on my helmet. "What made you want to try?" He whispers. I just shrugged in response. "You know you don't look half bad in these pants." He jokes and I roll my eyes before turning away from him and walking to look Phoenix in the face. 

"You ready bud?" I whisper resting my forehead atop his.