Chapter 22

They're calling for rain this week, which I love the rain but, rain means more work for me on the ranch. Yay. Anyways my mom is making me go to the barn and muck out saying how I need to go in there eventually and to stop procrastinating. Whatever I'll do it the afternoon. 

I'm already dressed when Lizz barges into my room. She really needs to learn to knock

"He is such a jerk."

Yay drama. I turn to look at her to show I'm listening and she continues.

"Okay me and Jordan are joking around and Tristian walks up and awkwardly stands beside us. Okay, fine whatever that's not what bothered me no it's the fact that he had the nerve to ask me to winter formal!" She sighed loudly before plopping down on my bed. 

I walk over to her and hand her a snickers bar that I had sitting on my dresser.

"Thanks" She mumbles a small smile playing a the corner of her lips.

I put my hand out and she grabs it. I pull her to her feet and give her a small smile and walk towards my bag.

"Do we have to go to school?"

I just shake my head yes in response and she sighs.

                                                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Why are all the pretty girls taken?" Mark asks creepily staring at May, a brunette trick rider. She is also really pretty, she doesn't wear makeup, she doesn't wear expensive clothes or anything like that she is just pretty.

I roll my eyes at his longing face. And Lizz scoffed at his comment.

"So I'm ugly?" She asks irritated.

"NO! I didn't mean it like that you are pretty it's just your not like her pretty. Wait no that came out wrong your just not my type. I mean I don't have a ....." 

"Shut up before you dig yourself into a bigger hole." Jordan states sitting beside me at the table we found in the library. We are supposed to be studying but well that's not going to plan.

Mark just nods his head and continues to stare at May. We all go back to what we were doing and Jordan pulls out his Physics book. He lightly kicks my leg underneath the table and I couldn't help the smile that came to my face but the smile didn't last long, Claire the girl that sat with Jordan yesterday comes over.

"We're still on for tonight right?"  She asks in a stupidly high-pitched voice and I mean glass-shattering high-pitched.

"Yeah, I'll pick you up at 6."

"K see you then." 

That quick conversation makes me want to cry, scream and punch somebody all at once and I don't even know why. I pull my leg away from Jordans and sit a little more angled towards the others. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Jordan look at me but I ignore him writing down notes in my notebook.