Chapter 2

Previously on Chapter 1

After a lot of struggles, I finally have the courage to turn around. Everyone would be better without me. I had to do this. I have to leave.

Goodbye C/N

-Can I Actually Stay Here?-

Y/N P.O.V

I don't know how many days it's been since I left C/N. I feel exhausted. I would use my power to create either a stream of water or drawings of some food, so I can have the power to keep going.

I climb down the mountain. I trip over a rock and go stumbling down the mountain. I let out a groan of pain. Through my blurry vision. I can make out a small entrance gate to a town. I want to go there, but I know they'll just treat me like a freak once I reveal my power. So I should keep going.

I force myself to stand up. But my vision got even blurrier. I can't even see where I'm going. That fall really hurts me. I take another step and fall on my knees. The last thing I remember is seeing a group of people running towards me. Then everything turns dark.

***

I open my eyes to see a ceiling made of wood. I try to sit up, only to fall back on the bed. I let out a soft groan as I feel pain shooting up in my head.

"Easy... you just woke up..." someone said. I turn my head to see a woman. She looks to be in her late 70. "Where... where am I?" I asked. "You're in Encanto" she said. "Encanto?" I said, furrowing my eyebrow. I let out another groan as my head started aching once again.

"Here, child. Eat this. You'll feel better" she said. She hands me a plate. It have a small rounded cake. "W-What's this?" I asked, turning to look at the woman in front of me. "This is bunūelos. Julieta is the one who made it..." she said. I just nod my head. I take a bite from it.

I feel something on my arm and turn to look at it. There's a wound. But that isn't what shocks me. It's healing... rapidly. I gasp as I stare at the wound.

"W-Wow

"W-Wow... what just happened?" I said, turning to look at the woman in shock. "Oh.. that's Julieta's specialty. She makes food that heals" she said. "Food that heals. Wait, what??" I said. She chuckles at my reaction.

She offers her hand to me. I hesitate at first. But I place my hand on top of hers. "I'll show you around. Okay?" She said. I just nod my head, not saying a thing.

"Wait! Where's my bag??" I said. "Oh.. it's there" she said, pointing at a certain direction. I turn to look where she's pointing at. My bag sat on top of a chair. I quickly rush towards it and open it. I take out my art kit and open it. I let out a sigh of relief when I see it's still in a good condition.

"Oh... thank goodness" I said, closing the box. I hold it close to my chest. I feel tears streams down both of my cheeks. The thought that I might lose this box is scaring me.

"That seem to mean a lot to you..." the woman said. I turn to look at her and nod my head. "My dad gave it to me. It was the last gift he ever gave me" I said, as more tears streams down my cheeks.

"Why? What happened?" She said. "He passed away..." I said, in a hush tone. But a soft gasp from her mouth lets me know that she heard it.

I wipe away the tears and turn to her. I give her a sad smile. I place the box back inside the bag. I sling it over my shoulder and turn to look at her.

"Ready to go?" She said. "Wait... you haven't told me your name, madam..." I said. "Right! I'm sorry... my name is Alma Madrigal. But you can call me Abuela. What about you? What is your name?" she said. "Oh... my name is Y/N L/N" I said. She nods her head. She gestures me to follow her. I just follow her quietly.

She starts showing me around the town. I just follow her silently as she introduce me to some people. All these people seem friendly. But they'll soon change if they know what I'm capable of.

"That's about all..." Abuela suddenly said, turning to look at me. "Huh? Oh right... thank you for the tour, Abuela..." I said. "You're welcome. We will arrange your house for you in a bit..." she said. "In a bit? But don't houses needs days or months to make?" I asked. "Oh you don't have to worry, dear. Luisa will handle it" she said.

"Luisa?" I said, looking at her in confusion. She only said one name, so it's only one person. How can one person handle everything?

She smiles and turns around. She starts walking away. I don't know whether I should follow her, or the tour ends here. She didn't stop or turn to me. So I think it's safe to say that the tour session is over.

I turn around and notice a lake not far from here. I turn around and walk towards it. I take a seat and dip my feet into the water. I place my bag next to me. I stare at the sky as I place both of my hands on either side of me.

Abuela have offered me a shelter as she gave me a tour earlier. Then she said this Luisa will handle my living space. But that's my least worry right now.

I don't know whether I should stay here. What if I end up revealing my power. They would start treating me like a freak, just like the people back in C/N.

"Hello!" Someone said, making me jump. I turn my head to see a boy around my age. He have dark auburn curly hair, golden skin tone. He wears a white long sleeved shirt, with the sleeves rolled up to his elbow. Along with a striped yellow ruana.

"Sorry! I didn't mean to scare you" he said. "Um... w-who are you?" I asked. "Sorry, my name is Camilo. Camilo Madrigal" he said, offering his hand to me. I stare at it for a bit, eventually shaking his hand. "Y/N L/N..." I said. His smile widens.

He pulls his hand and grin at me. "So, I heard from Abuela that someone found you near the gate. She offered you to stay in this town, yes?" He said. I just nod my head.

"Nice... well then welcome to the city of Encanto" he said. He have a huge grin on his face. "T-Thanks... Camilo..." I said, awkwardly. He smiles and turns around to walk away.

I frown after he's out of sight. I turn to look at myself in the water. I sit down and keep staring at it. What if they find out about my power? What if they treat me like a freak? Like an outcast... like a curse.

Can I actually stay here?

*to be continued*