Chapter 3

Previously on Chapter 2

I frown after he's out of sight. I turn to look at myself in the water. I sit down and keep staring at it. What if they find out about my power? What if they treat me like a freak? Like an outcast... like a curse.

Can I actually stay here?

-I'm... Not The Only One-

Y/N P.O.V

Dreams

"This is all your fault! Your dad is gone because of you!" My mom yelled at me. I shake my head while looking at her with tears in my eyes. "No mom, I-" I stuttered.

She keeps yelling at me. Her body slowly disfigured, and her voice muffled. I close my eyes tightly in fear. When the sound stops, I slowly open my eyes.

Now I'm in the middle of a crowd. They all look at me with hatred in their eyes. I cover my ears as they start throwing insulting words at me.

"Stop. Please stop!" I said, pleadingly as I start to cry. But they didn't stop. "You are nothing but a monster!" One of them said. "You are a curse!" Another said. "You're a witch!" "A bad omen!" "Devil!!"

End of dreams

"Stop!!!" I yelled, sitting up on the bed. I breathe heavily as I try to calm my nerve. My eyes darted around me. I'm inside the house they've made for me.

After a while, I finally calmed down. I turn my head to look out the window and realize it's morning. I let out a sigh and walk towards it, opening it. I let out a content sound as soon as I'm greeted by the soft breeze.

'It's been a month since I left C/N... but the memory still haunts me' I thought to myself. I shake my head and pull away from the window. I start my morning routine. I need to go somewhere where I can have a little peace and quiet.

***

I ended up by the lake that I visited on the first day I got here. I take a seat and take out my sketchbook. I flip through the pages. Then stop on the sketch that helped me discover my power.

I run my hand across the surface, as I recall that day

I run my hand across the surface, as I recall that day. The day I'm no longer the same person.

"Cool drawing you have there" someone said. I let out a gasp out of shock. I turn to see Camilo. I let out a sigh and look away from him. "Why do you keep on scaring me?" I asked. "Sorry..." he said. I didn't say anything and stare at the drawing.

"Can I see them?" He said. I turn to look at him to see him looking at my sketchbook. "It's sort of my privacy..." I said. I close the sketchbook and hold it close to my chest.

"Oh... alright. I respect that. But uhh... the one that I did saw was really good. It looks... alive" he said. I froze at what he said. I shake my head and let out a laugh.

"Alive? Don't be silly. It's just a sketch..." I said. He just hummed. "I know. But it looks really lively" he said. "Thanks... I guess" I mumbled. He smiles at me.

"By the way... are you going to come to Casita?" He said, breaking the silence. I turn to look at him in confusion. "Why?" I asked.

"Everyone is going... my brother will be getting his gift today" he said. "Gift?" I said. "Oh... you know..." he said. I let out a gasp when he turns into me. "W-What the..." I stuttered out.

"You've been here for quite some times. But you still have no idea?" He said. "I kept my distance..." I said, looking away from him. "Why?" He asked. "Because of... something" I said, in a low voice. He just hum in response. I feel glad that he didn't press me further.

"But you're going to come, right?" He said. "I don't know..." I said. "Come on. It'll be fun, and you can meet the rest of the family" he said. "Um... okay..." I said. "Great! Come on!" He said. He grab my hand and start pulling me along. I stumble a little because of his speed. Where did this boy get his energy from?

Time-skip

I was shock when I first reach the house. The house is alive. It can move on its own. I watch the rest of Camilo's family to see each of them have a special gift of their own.

Julieta, one of Abuela's kids. She's given the gift to heal with her food. She's the one who healed my injury when I first reach Encanto. She's this sweet and loving mother. She's a mother of three.

The first one is Isabela, she's given the gift to grow flowers. The second one is Luisa. She's given the gift of super strength. I guess now I know why Abuela only said her name. Then comes the last child, Mirabel. I don't think she have any gift. Well... Dolores said so.

Another one of Abuela's child is Camilo's mother, Pepa. She's given the gift to control weather with her emotions. I can see that she's kind of struggling with it though. 

Pepa is also a mother of three. The first child is a girl. Her name is Dolores. She's given the gift to hear everything. Even if it's miles away.

Then comes Camilo, their middle child. He's given the gift to shape-shift into other people. I can see how much it benefits him. He can go around, and pulls a prank on everyone.

I stand there awkwardly as I watch everyone. They are preparing of what seem to be a ceremony. I feel someone standing next to me. I turn my head to see Camilo. He turns to me with a smile. I just give him a small smile in return.

The crowd parted. There's a kid standing there. He looks nervous. This lets me know that he's Antonio, he's Camilo's younger brother. He's the one that will be receiving his gift today. He turns around to look at something, or someone. He outstretch his hand.

I see Mirabel walking out. She held his hand as they slowly walk through. They walk up the stairs and to a door. Abuela is holding a candle out to him. He place both of his hands on the candle. I'm too far to hear what she's saying to him.

He pulls his hand away from the candle and walk up to the door. He looks hesitant, but eventually place a hand on the door knob. The door starts glowing. Out of no where a toucan lands on his arm.

The toucan starts letting out a sound, while leaning closer to him. "Uh huh. Uh huh... I understand you!" He said. The toucan starts letting out a sound. "Of course they could come!" Antonio said. The toucan starts chirping.

I hear a sound. I turn my head to see a bunch of animals coming towards us. Looks like he's given the gift that allows him to talk to animals.

'I'm... not the only one' I thought to myself, as I realize what this means. These people have their own powers as well, each of them is unique in their own ways. The smile on my face soon replace with a frown. I'm still scared to reveal mine.

I'm scared of how they might react if they actually find out. After all, to these people I'm an outsider. How will they react when they find out about my power?

*to be continued*