Chapter 23

Previously on Chapter 21

I turn to look forward and stops laughing. I stare at the sight in front of me in complete shock. Camilo looks at me in confusion. He turns to look forward and gasp.

What is happening here??

-Regrets-

Y/N P.O.V

"What happened to this place?" I said, to no one in particular. Camilo stands next to me and gently hold my hand. "This is your country, Y/N?" He said. I just nod my head, not knowing what else to say.

I can't believe what I'm seeing right now. This place looks so different. The plants have dried up. There are cracks on the ground as if it hasn't rained for a long time.

It can't be C/N, right? Are we in the wrong place?? No

It can't be C/N, right? Are we in the wrong place?? No... I can't be mistaking it. This is my hometown. But what happened to this place??

I take a deep breath as bit my lower lip as I start walking forward. I can hear the others' footsteps, knowing they are following me. No matter how far I look... all I could see is dry land.

The houses looks shabby. It also looked abandoned. In shorts, this place looks like a ghost town. There's no sign of life here.

I look down at my feet. I feel a hand gently holding mine. I turn my head to see Camilo. He gives me a smile. While I just give him a weak smile. I don't know what's wrong with this place.

We decided to just go and visit my dad's grave like we originally have planned. So the four of us make our way there. Antonio is riding the jaguar like he always do.

After a while of walking, we finally reach the grave. I was shocked to see what's here. All of the grave looks dirty and dusty. But my dad's is pristine.

I walk towards the grave and kneels down. "This is so weird... why is my dad's grave the only one that is cleaned. What's happening around here?? Is this my doing?" I said. Tears slowly streams down both of my cheeks.

"No... this weren't your doing" someone said. I turn my head to see a man. He looks so skinny, like he haven't eaten for months. But I can't mistake his looks. "M-Mr. Navarro?" I said, looking at him wide-eyed. He nods his head, looking at me with sadness in his eyes.

"What happened to you? What happened to this place??" I said. "A lot of things have happened... after you left, Y/N" he said. "Why? What's wrong?" I asked.

"Come... let's get you inside. The heat from the sun must be hurting your skin..." he said. I just nod my head. I grab Camilo's hand. We follow Mr. Navarro as he leads us towards his place.

He leads us inside his house. We take a seat in front of him. "Now... tell me what happened" I said. He nods his head.

"Y/N... you are a very special child..." he started. I look at him in confusion. "What do you mean? All those years, you've been treating me like nothing but a monster. Now you're calling me a special child..." I said.

"That was a mistake..." he said. Camilo places a hand on my shoulder to calm me down. I turn to look at him to see him giving me a gentle smile. I nod my head and turn to look at him.

"Continue..." I said. He nods his head. "A long time ago... this place was dying. Your dad... the leader of this place, pleaded with the forest spirit for them to bless this place. He also pleaded to be given a child" he said. I just stay silent as I wait for him to continue talking again.

"One day, a beautiful woman comes to this village. She looks Godly. Like she's not from this world. She introduce us as the Mother Nature, Carnelian. She promised to give this land a prosperity. She will also give your dad a child" he said. My eyes widened in shock at what he's saying. By the tone... and by the way he's looking at me. I have a feeling where this conversation is heading.

"The child is you, Y/N... you're the reason this town came to life. She made us promise that we would look after you. She made us promised that we should  never hurt you. But after what happened to your dad. We were so blinded by fear, that we chose to let it out on you. We are the reason you left. We are the monster, not you, Y/N..." he said. As soon as he finished saying that. He broke down into tears.

"Not long after your departure. Floods, disaster and illness starts coming one after another. Now it's the dry season. A few months ago, animals came and starts hunting all the people here. We will never be safe. Y/N..." he said my name and burst into tears.

He moves to a kneeling position and bow his head at me. "I am so sorry for everything! Please forgive us. Only then this place will finally be at ease..." he said, crying harder.

"W-Where is everyone?" I said. "This is a ghost town, Y/N..." he said, moving to look at me. "G-Ghost t-town?" I said. He nods his head. "We are all dead. The plague and food scarce make all of us weak, until eventually, everyone starts losing themselves and passed away. But even after death... we are cursed to never cross the bridge between the two worlds. Not until we make amends of our mistakes. So, Y/N... p-please forgive u-us. Please free us from this torture!" he said. I turn my head to look out the window and jumps in fright. There are other people. They look sick and weak.

I stand up and walk outside. As soon as they sees me. They move to kneel down. "Forgive us!!" They said. "I... I don't know..." I said, looking down. I can hear a soft cry from them.

I know that I should be forgiving. But I can't help it. The pain and torture they put me through. I don't know if I can forgive them that easily. What should I do?

*to be continued*

A/N: you are more than your gift. You're very special. So you're a baby given by the spirits of the forest. Wow... I'm amazed!

What do you think? Are you surprised?! Hihi~ thank you for reading! Love ya~