Chapter 10

Previously on Chapter 9

I hear a quiet squeak. I turn my head to look across from this room. Dolores is standing there. "I know..." she whispered. She lets out another squeak and walks away. I turn to look at Mirabel and her dad. "She's gonna tell everyone..." Mirabel said. Oh no...

We're in deep trouble

-Disastrous Proposal Dinner-

Y/N P.O.V

I sit next in between Mirabel and her dad. On her right is Isabella. Next to Isabella is her husband to be and his mom. I glance at Mirabel to see her eyeing down Dolores. Dolores stare back at her nervously.

"Avocado?" Mariano said, placing a bowl of avocado in front of Mirabel's face. She quickly move it out of the way and gasp. I turn to look at what she's looking at to see Doroles whispering to Camilo.

If this is a normal situation, I would've find it funny

If this is a normal situation, I would've find it funny. But this right now is not the time to be laughing.

"Camilo. Fix your face!" Felix said to his son. Camilo turns his face back to normal. He looks at Mirabel and at me. Mirabel looks at him with a panic face. She tries to stare him down so he won't tell.

A pitcher of water move in front Mirabel's face. This time it's by Isabela. "Water?" She said. Mirabel move aside and gasp when she sees Camilo whispering to his dad. His dad spits out the water from his mouth, making the Guzmans gasp in shock.

"Mirabel, the cream, please..." Abuela said, trying to dismiss the awkwardness. Mirabel laughs nervously and turn to me. "Y/N... the cream?" She said. I just grab the cream and hands it to her. I hear a sound of thundering. I turn my head to see clouds appearing on top of Pepa's head, as she stares at Mirabel who appears panicking.

"Pepa, the cloud" Abuela said. "Clear skies, clear skies, clear skies..." Pepa mutters, trying to calm herself down. Julieta leans over to Pepa, looking worried for her sister. Pepa leans over and whisper in her ear. She turn and stare at Mirabel worriedly.

I turn to look at Mirabel to see her moving under the table. I look down to see the tiles is cracking. I let out a silent gasp. I cover my mouth and look around. My eyes met with Camilo's. He looks worried.

"Mirabel...?" Mariano said. Mirabel freaks out and quickly move to sit up, slamming her head on the table in the process. I jump in shock at the loud sound. "Everything okay?" Mariano asks, looking at Mirabel with a worried face.

""Everything's great, she's just... excited! For you to propose, which you should do as fast as you can" Agustin said. "Yes!" Mirabel said, agreeing with her dad.

"Uh, I was actually, gonna..." Mariano starts. "You were actually gonna! Great!" Mirabel said, cutting him off. She quickly turns Isabela to face Mariano.

"Well, well -- well...since everyone here has a talent, my Mariano wanted to begin with a song. Luisa, could you bring over the piano?" His mom said. "Okay..." she said, tearing up. I can hear her sobbing as she walks out of the dining room.

"Uh... it's actually family tradition to sing after!" Mirabel said. She grabs Mariano's chair and tilt it, making Mariano fall forward into kneeling position. She motions her to begin.

"Isabela, most graceful of all Madrigals" Mariano starts. I hear a thud and notice Mirabel on the ground. "Um" Mariano said. "You're doing great" Mirabel said, while laying down awkwardly.

Mariano clears his throat. He turns his attention back to Isabela, who looks annoyed at Mirabel. But she ignores her and turns to look at Mariano. "The most perfect flower in this entire Encanto" he said. "No!" Mirabel yelled out. I turn to look at her and raise an eyebrow. She gestures with her eyes. I look under the table and notice a couple of coatis placing pieces of the shards together.

"... in this entire Encanto..." Mariano said. He opens a box to reveal a ring. "Will you... MARRY ME?" He said. "Noo!!" Mirabel yelled, lunging forward to grab the coatis.

A toucan is frightened by Pepa's storm cloud and goes flying over Abuela Guzman's head who ducks just in time. "What is happening?!" Abuela said.

"Mirabel and Y/N found Bruno's vision, Mirabel's in it, she's gonna destroy the magic and now we're all doomed!" Dolores yelled out, while covering her ears. Mirabel accidentally push a tray forward.

It stops directly in front of Abuela. Everyone looks at the vision in shock. I can hear cracking sound. This time it comes from around us. Isabela accidentally send a vine to Mariano's face. He yelled out in pain while clutching his nose.

Pepa's storm cloud opens up, unleashing a torrent of water onto the whole table. As animals race out, they blow open the windows where we can see the whole town outside, ready to celebrate. But as soon as they see what's going on. They gasp and a priest starts to pray. The Guzmans quickly leaves.

"Senora! Por favor!" Abuela yelled out, trying to stop them from leaving. Mirabel chases after her. "Abuela please!" She yelled out. I rush to stand next to her. "I hate you!" Isabela yelled out to Mirabel as she runs passed us. "Ahh!! I'm a loser!!" Luisa yelled out as she cries.

Pepa runs out with her weather growing crazy. "What did you do?!" She yelled at Mirabel. "I'm not doing anything! It's Bruno's vision! It's..." she stops mid-sentence. I look down to see a group of rats running passed us. They are all carrying the pieces of shards. Mirabel quickly chases after it. I decided to follow her.

We stops in front of a painting, as a rat tries to climb it. Mirabel squads in front of it and gently push the painting. It moves and opens like a door. She turns to look at me.

"Y/N... I think it's best if you don't come with me. I don't want you to be in trouble" she said. "It's okay. I'm already involved anyway..." I said. We climb into the secret passage. It's a little dark in here. I can see a rat rushing passed us. It stops by the end of the tunnel. But it's too dark in there that we can only see the shard.

I gasp when the shard seems to float. A flash of light from the thunder appear, revealing a man wearing a coat. The tunnel went dark, and another flash appear but the man is no longer there. Who was that??

*to be continued*