Chapter 8

Previously on Chapter 7

I quickly follow her. She avoids Abuela and I hide to, not wanting her to catch me. I quickly follow her as she walks again. She walks up a staircases. I notice there's a door by the end of it. It's written Bruno on the door.

Oh boy...

-Breaking In-

Y/N P.O.V

I watch as Mirabel enters the room. I look around to make sure no one is watching me. I slowly make my way up. As I look closer to the room, I see Mirabel falling through a wall of sand.

"Mirabel!!" I yelled out. I rush forward and fail to stop myself. I yelp when I come crashing down. I accidentally knock Mirabel down.

"Oh, I am so sorry!" I said. I pull her to get up. She stares at me in. "What are you doing here, Y/N?" She said. "I saw you coming here. I was worried..." I said. "You're worried. Of me?" She said. "Well of course! You're one of the nicest to me here. Unlike..." I said. She nods her head, knowing who I'm talking about.

"What are you doing here anyway?" I said. "I wanna search for something. There's something wrong with the magic. I have to search for it, so I can save my family's miracle..." she said. I hummed in respond.

"Let's go then..." I said. "Wait... you're coming with me?" She said. "Well... I'm already here, aren't I? I can't let you do this on your own, Mirabel. I wanna make sure you're safe" I said. She pulls me into a hug. "Thank you..." she said. I just smile and hugs her back.

I'm the first to pull away from the hug. She smiles at me. We turn around and make our way further into the room. We come into the clearing to see a lot of stairs. I hear flapping sound. I turn my head to see a toucan landing on a rock.

"Oh hello" Mirabel said. "There's a lot of stairs..." I said. "Yeah, at least we have a friend..." she said. The toucan flies away up the stairs. "No, the toucan fly away immediately" I said, giggling softly. "Well... at least there's still you" she said, smiling at me. I smile softly at her. "Alright... let's go" she said. I just nod my head. We start going up the.

"Welcome to the family Madrigal~" Mirabel starts singing as we go up the stairs. I just stay silent as we go up the stairs.

A while Later

Mirabel starts getting tired as we try our best to go up the stairs. I turn to look at her and shake my head at how breathless she looks.

"You would think there'd be another way to get so high cause we're magic, but no -- magical, how many stairs fit in here! Bruno, your room is the worst!!" She yelled out the last sentence, making me burst out laughing.

"How are you not tired?" She said. I shrug at her question. "I don't sing... so... I don't waste lots of breathing like you did" I said. "You could have told me sooner!!" She said. I let out a giggle and shake my head. "Sorry... I don't wanna break your spirit" I said, giggling softly. She let out a huff.

After a while we finally reach the top. I look forward and gasp. "What?" Mirabel said. I point forward. She turn her head and gasp too. "Oh come on..." she said. "I think I can handle this one..." I said. She turns to look at me.

I reach in my bag. I draw a bridge. I wave my hand in front of the page and point my hand towards the gap between the cliff. A bridge starts to form, joining the cliffs.

Mirabel stares at the bridge and turn to look at me. "Are you sure this is safe?" She said. I turn to look at her. "Of course it's safe..." I said. I walk forward and make my way across the bridge.

"Convinced enough?" I said, after I make it across. She nods her head and starts crossing the bridge. I smile at her and turn my head to look forward. We make our way inside the cave. We look around the place, when suddenly a group of rats starts running around. The toucan hides itself in Mirabel's hair. I gulp and turn to look at Mirabel.

"This is your uncle's room? It's creepy here..." I said. "Tell me about it..." she said, agreeing with me. We turn our heads to see a door. The toucan flies away from Mirabel's shoulder.

"Quitter!" Mirabel yelled out. I nudge her rib gently. She turn her head to look at me. I take a deep breath and make my way inside the room.

"Empty..." she said. I hear creaking sound and turn around to see the door closing shut. "It's dark here" I said. I turn my head and notice something glowing under the sand.

"Mirabel... look" I said. Mirabel turn her head to look at where I'm pointing. She walks towards it and kneels down. She digs through the sand and see it's a piece of emerald shard. She picks it up in her hand.

"Be careful... you might cut yourself..." I said. "I'll be fine. I need to know what's hurting the magic" she said. She picks up another shard and put the piece together. She holds it together and take another piece of shard. I hear rumbling and cracking. I turn my head to see the wall begins to crack.

"Mirabel..." I said, nervously. I can create something from drawings. But I can't fix things. I don't know what to do. Mirabel ignores me as she stares at the piece of shards in shock.

"Me?" She said. I turn to look at what she's looking. The shard shows a person and it's Mirabel herself. I look up and see the sand starts falling. "Mirabel! We have to get out of here!" I said. We quickly gather the shards. I stuff it inside my bag, while Mirabel do the same. We quickly rush to the door and try to pry it open.

After a lot of struggle, we finally manage to get it open. The sand sends us sliding out. I lay on my back. "That was close! We nearly got buried alive" I said. I hear Mirabel shrieking. I turn my head to see her near the cliff as she scramble away from it.

"We better get out of here now..." I said, looking over the edge. I turn to look at Mirabel to see her nodding her head in agreement. We quickly move across the bridge and out of the Bruno's room. Man... that was scary.

*to be continued*