Chapter 28

Previously on Chapter 27

I move and kneels down in front of her. I lift my hand and cups her cheeks. "I forgive you, mama..." I said. She choke a sob. She wraps her arms around me. I hug her back, my hands on her back. She hugs me tightly, which makes me feel the love of a mother that I've been longing to feel.

-What Am I?-

Y/N P.O.V

Camilo left the room so I can have some alone time with my mom. I have my head on her lap. She plays with my hair, while humming a soft lullaby. I close my eyes, missing the love from my mom. It's been so long since I've felt it.

"Mama..." I said. "What is it, honey?" She said. I turn my head to look at her, while still laying on her lap. "Who am I?" I asked. She frowns at what I asked. "You're my daughter, of course" she said. "I mean... what am I?" I said. She stays silent after I said that. I move to sit up and sits in front of her.

"Don't I deserve to know the truth, mama? Mr. Navarro's ghost told me that I'm not a normal human. So what am I? Where do I come from, mama?" I said. I look at her with a pleading gaze. She lets out a sigh and looks down.

M/N P.O.V

"Actually, you came from this" I said. I reach inside my shirt and pulls something out. It's a pendant. It's a petal of a rose.

"Your dad made it for me

"Your dad made it for me... to remind me of the day we receive our miracle" I said, running my hand through her hair. "I don't understand, mama..." she said. I smile at her. "It all started when...

Flashback

Me and my late husband have been wanting to have a child for such a long time. My husband being the chief of C/N means we need to have someone that will take his place someday. Me... I just want to be a mother.

The village were also in a bad condition. We started to feel more desperate. We've tried everything to save our home, but nothing seem to work.

As a last resort. My husband and I decided to go to the forest. We stood in front of a lake. My husband went down on his knees, bowing his body forward.

"Oh mighty spirit of Wise Timberland! Please listen to my pleads" he said. I just kneels down next to him with my head down. I gasped as I watched a ripple slowly forming in the middle of the lake.

A figure appears, forming a woman

A figure appears, forming a woman. She looks Godly and beautiful.

"I am Carnelian. The spirit of this forest. What do you need human?" She said. I turned my head to look at my husband. "Please, I want to have a child and to save my town. I beg for your guidance, Lady Carnelian!" He said, bowing his head.

"Such a pure heart... I'll be more than delighted to help you, human..." she said. She lift her hand and a flower sprouted from the ground. A single red rose, but the flower hadn't bloom yet.

We stare at it in confusion. "Take it with you... take care of it. You'll soon get what you want. But you have to give me your word. Do not ever bring any harm to the child... or a catastrophe will happen to you and your town..." she said. "I promise, Lady Carnelian!" We said. She nods her head and went back inside the water.

A few months later

Me and my husband takes turns to take care of the rose. We show love to the rose. Water it, make sure it gets enough sunlight. Everything.

Until one day, when I was watering the flower. It suddenly gave off a bright f/c gleam. "F/N!! Come quick! Something is happening!" I yelled. I can hear rapid footsteps. My husband enters the room with a panic face.

"What? What is it? What happened to the flower?" He said, in panicked. He kneels down next to me. The rose slowly starts to bloom. I can feel tears in my eyes when I saw it.

 I can feel tears in my eyes when I saw it

There's a baby inside it. I slowly reach in. I pick the tiny baby. She's only as big as the palm of my hand. Suddenly, she starts to grow until she's as big as a normal baby.

"A baby... a beautiful baby girl" I said, happy tears slowly streams down my cheeks. The baby opens her eyes and starts to cry, just like normal newly birth babies.

Her body gives off a bright glow. It spreads around the town. Flowers begins to bloom. Trees begun to grow. The once dried river, suddenly starts flowing with water as clear as crystals.

End of Flashback

"That's how you've came to life, Y/N. You brought miracle with you. Your existence is the miracle itself, Y/N..." I said. She stares at the petal of flower in her hand.

Y/N P.O.V

"That's why... everything turns sour because they treat me badly... because they broke the promise given by the Mother Nature? Just like what Mr. Navarro have told me..." I said. She nods her head, confirming what I said is true.

"We regret everything we've done, Y/N. I regretted ever letting you go..." she said, tears streaming down both of her cheeks. I scoot closer to her and wraps my arms around her.

"It's okay, mama... I forgive you..." I said. "We can start over? I promise I'll be a better mother for you, my little girl..." she said. I smile at her and nod my head.

"Of course, mama..." I said. She smiles happily and pulls me into a tight hug. "Thank you, honey... thank you. I'm so sorry for everything" she cried out. I just hugs her back, just as tight. Tears slowly fall from my eyes as I hug my mother.

Even though she's not my real mother... and I'm not a real human. I can still live my life as one. That's what I'm going to do for the rest of my life. I'll try my best to continue my life... as a human.

*to be continued*