Chapter 16

Previously on Chapter 15

"Camilo!" Pepa yelled. "Yes, Mami. I'm coming!" He said. He turns to me and smiles softly. He gets up and walks off. Camilo didn't even like me that way. How can we be together? Wait... why am I thinking about that? I can't possibly like him, do I?? But the rapid beating of my heart told me otherwise... and I can't deny anymore... that I'm falling in love with Camilo. But will he feel the same way?

-You're One Of Us-

Y/N P.O.V

Months have passed, and the new Casita is finally completed. The only thing missing from the house is a door knob. Everyone agrees to let Mirabel be the one to put it on the door.

"What did you see?" Abuela said. "I see... me. All of me..." Mirabel said, tearing up. I walk towards her and hugs her. "You deserve this, Mirabel. After all the sacrifices you made..." I said. She smiles at me. She turns to the door and place the knob on the door hole.

An explosion of lights appear as it spreads all around Encanto. I stare in awe as the casita starts to move. A windows open and moves, as if waving at us. Mirabel smiles and wave back.

"Ola, Casita..." she said. I grin happily and hugs her she lets out a laugh as she hugs me back. I'm so glad, because we actually saved the magic. I let out a yelp as Casita starts to move us, taking the both of us inside the house.

"C'mon! Get in here!" Mirabel said. Everyone enters the house and we walk around the place. Antonio rush pass us on a jaguar, like he always have. I turn to see Isabela creating new shapes plants. She turns to me and smile softly. I smile back at her.

Luisa pick up a flower pot with cactus in it and place it on a desk. A bunch of donkeys picks her up and place her on a hammock. She tries to get up, when a donkey hands her a drink. She decides to relax. Snow begins to fall. Luisa notices me and raise her drinks at me. I just bow at her in return. I turn to look at the cloud and down to Pepa who's dancing.

Casita gathers everyone in the middle. "Come on everyone, together!" Abuela said. A rat sits on top of a camera. "Wait!" Mirabel said. They turn to look at her. She smiles as she focus her attention on me.

"Come on, Y/N! You too" she said. "Wait... me?? But I'm not a Madrigal. I-I'm... I'm g-good" I said. She rolls her eyes at my response.

"Oh... nonsense. Casita?" She said. I let out a yelp when the floor beneath me moves. It forms a little mountain and rush over to them. But it stops too soon, before reaching the family.

I let out a shriek as I got thrown forward. I close my eyes out of fear, but I feel no pain. Instead of falling on the ground. I feel a pair of arms, carrying me. I open my eyes to see a pair of green eyes. I realize it's Camilo. He have caught me in his arms.

I can feel my cheeks burning from the closeness. He smiles at me, making my cheeks turns redder. I clear my throat and move out of his arms. I tuck a strand piece of hair behind my ear as I smile at shyly at him.

"Thank you for catching me..." I said. He smiles and shrugs his shoulder. "Don't mention it... I'm glad you didn't get hurt..." he said, in a soft voice. "Speaking of which" I start. I turn to Casita, placing both of my hands on my hips.

"That was rude! Why would you throw me around?" I said. The tile rises and turn into a small curve. It looks like someone with a frown. I let out a giggle and shake my head. "You're good, Casita..." I said. The curve turns up to a shape of a smile. I let out a giggle.

"Okay everyone, together!" Abuela said. "La Familia Madrigal!" We said together. Casita moves, which makes all of us squished together. I have both of my hands on Camilo's shoulders. He have both of his arms around my waist.

The ground becomes flat again. I quickly move away from Camilo. Sheesh, Casita. Why would you keep on throwing me to Camilo?? And heart... would you please stop beating so fast??

***

It's now night time. We'll be having a celebration, because we have managed to save the magic. I'm inside the room with Mirabel. She's helping me do my hair.

"So... are you going to tell him what you feel?" She said. I roll my eyes at what she said. "Why would you keep talking about that? I don't... like him like that" I said. "I can tell that you're lying~" she said. I let out a huff at what she said. "Hmph! Whatever..." I said, crossing my arms across my chest.

Soon we are done with our preparation. Mirabel turn to look at me. "You're beautiful, Y/N..." she said. "As do you..." I said, smiling at her. She smiles at me and loops her arm around mine.

"Ready to go for the celebration?" She said. "I'm a little nervous..." I said. "Why?" She said. "This is a celebration for people of Encanto... but I'm not from here" I said, looking down. I can hear Mirabel letting out a sigh.

"Y/N, you're one of us. You helped us save Encanto and it's magic..." she said. I just smile at her. "Thank you, Mirabel..." I said. "Now come on. Let's go and celebrate our success..." she said. I nod my head in agreement. We make our way to where the party is being held.

The party is very majestic and beautiful. I smile as I walk around the place admiring the decoration. I greet people here and there.

I bump into a firm chest. I fall backward, but didn't land on the ground as the person holds me by my waist. My arms instantly went around the person's neck.

"Oh, Camilo... thanks for saving me. Again..." I said, letting out a laugh in the end. He laughs along and helps me stand straight. I smile at him.

I hear someone clear their throat. I turn my head to see Abuela. She stands there with a stern face. I pull away from Camilo and stands straighter. "Abuela! I Uhh... um..." I said. She shakes her head and smile at me.

"Y/N... I'm sorry for everything I said. I was wrong to say things like that. I was wrong about you. You are a part of Encanto... a part of my family" she said. I smile at her as tears streams down my cheeks. She walks towards me and pulls me into a hug. I wrap my arms around her in return. Finally...

I found where I belong...

*to be continued*

A/N: 2k reads???? This book only out for like a few days ago! Oh my God! I can't believe how far I've grown. It's all thanks to you guys! I love you guys... SO much!!

Now that the story from the movie is over. The following chapters will purely out of my imagination. So don't worry, this isn't the end of this book. Thank you so much for all your love and support! Love ya~