Chapter Six

It seemed like Gunnar's words had power over the men

Two weeks had passed since he instructed them to do whatever he said, and Selene's job was easier than before.

And now, she was slightly partial to the man.

His actions were still suspicious, but so far he'd done nothing wrong.

He called a few times during the week to check on everything and everyone. And most of the time he spoke with Moses.

No matter what he did, her eyes would remain open.

And right now, her eyes were open.

She had some free time and instead of leaving the shop for her fifteen-minute break, Selene decided to look for a website she used as a child.

Even if she could only play for a few minutes, those few green minutes would be cherished.

It was the only way she could get in touch with the girl she once was, before the fame and manipulation.

But, after searching and actually going through the pages on Google, her search came up null and void.

"I'm being punished," She groaned and rested her head on the cool desk.

She closed her eyes and thought of the dull pink colors the site was littered with.

The Barbie games, Myscene, Bratz, Polly Pocket.

"I miss those days," She said in a faint whisper.

The phone rang, the darned phone.

Selene raised her head and smiled. Showtime.

"This is Hendrik's Autoshop, Galia speaking,"

The caller chuckled before speaking. "A posh lady you are,"

Selene almost rolled her eyes at the accented man.

Gunnar was weird, why didn't he just admit he had ulterior motives and rid himself of the act?

No man was nice.

"I need a report of the week, please Galia."

What man said please?

Selene shook her head and pulled up the report in a new tab. "I can send it right away, sir." She said forcing extra chipperness.

"Is somethin botherin you?" Gunnar asked gently.

And her composure almost faltered at his observation.

She was fine. Nothing was wrong. She was working and if she let her emotions take over, she would lose time. If you lose time, you lose money. And if you lose money-

Her fists clenched at the whirlwind of thoughts.

No.

"It's nothing." She said passively. He didn't need to be bothered by her frivolous desire.