Chapter Fifteen

There were flowers everywhere

Roses, Tulips, Daisies, Echinacea, Dahlia's, Bluebells, everything.

And Selene loved every second of it.

And Gunnar enjoyed getting to see the radiant joy exude from her heart.

She seemed genuinely happy.

Which made him proud of the choice he made in bringing her to a flower observatory.

He knew she liked them because she said it, but also because of the foreign look in her eyes the day he brought her flowers.

She looked confused, pleased, annoyed, but innocent in a way.

As if it were a new invention she got to experience for the first time. And maybe it was, but it wouldn't be the last experience.

Her heart seemed to glow near flowers.

He loved the sight.

She was a vision.

She wore a burnt orange sundress and a dark-washed jean jacket.

Galia was lovelier than all the flowers in existence.

And he was waiting for a special moment to give her the gift. It was burning a hole in his chest pocket, but timing was everything.

He'd been studying more about Jerusalem and the numerous promises God made and kept to them.

The most recurring promise was newness.

Jerusalem had the worst habit of defiling itself and straying away from God's ordinances.

And when it happened, God vowed to judge them, righteously for their malicious and careless acts.

But, He never let them stay that way.

Isaiah 61 promised to make Zion a place of festivity and splendor. And its beauty would glorify the Lord forever.

And thanks to God, Gunnar would do the same for Galia.

She deserved to be a precious crown in the hand of God, and with the gifts, she would be dawned in gems and stones.

It was no secret that Gunnar was completely gone for her.

Everything she did, her mannerisms, the way she spoke, the way her eyes said everything she dared not to say, everything made her beautiful.

If she existed in the time of Esther, her smile alone would win the heart of King Xerxes.

"There ain't no man more grateful than me, Lord. You know that," Gunnar murmured with a smile as he continued his keen observation of Galia.

She was hands-on. Every flower she passed, she ran her fingers across it with a gentle smile.

Her eyes lit up as she read the descriptions.