Chapter Twenty-Three

Gunnar was floating like a butterfly as he cooked dinner for Selene and himself

He was making a meal specially requested by his love, which she only requested because he almost pleaded to know.

Her favorite.

Or one of them.

Shrimp and Crab fettuccine.

Everything was fresh from the Gulf and he enjoyed the quiet time he had with God, just yapping.

"You could pinch my hide thirty times and I'd still be awake, Lord," Gunnar smiled. "That woman is mine now, I still cain't believe it,"

Selene Galia Hendrik.

"That surely got a nice sound to it," He chuckled happily.

Everything he did now was extra chirpy.

Just two months ago, he was crying to God. The hole in his heart was full now.

He couldn't wait to marry her.

He would try to marry her sooner than soon, but he knew things still took time.

Selene still had a few things to face and he'd be right with her through it all.

He was proud that she wanted to face Thomas again and tell him about the loss she suffered.

If the man said one thing out of line, Gunnar was going to hurt him.

No doubt.

He wanted to knock the teeth out of Zachary's mouth.

But God.

And God was good.

It was New Year's Eve and he and Selene were staying in today. They didn't tell anyone about their engagement just yet, though Gunnar was revving and ready to tell the world.

They'd tell everyone soon when Selene was ready.

Selene.

She would be the woman of the house.

She would be his wife.

He'd get to come home to her every day.

He'd get to hold her tightly every night.

She could decorate the house however she liked.

He moved to the woods after Kaitlyn and Genesis went, so he was glad to create new memories with Selene in their home.

"Gunnar, could I help with something?" Selene asked peeking her head in the kitchen.

Ever so generous.

"You could keep me company, dove,"

Selene blushed and walked into the kitchen and sat at a barstool. "You looked deep in thought," She mentioned.