Chapter Nineteen

Honeydew checked off the empty wedding date box and did a happy dance

She and Beau finally decided on a wedding date, January 16, 2022. It was one month away and Honeydew didn't expect the White Magnolia to accommodate them on such short notice, but they did.

God was working things out and Honeydew couldn't have been happier.

All she had to do now was find a gown, but she was taking a trip to Dallas to look with her mother.

Invitations were sent out the second they were approved for January 16. Her mother dropped them off at the post office this morning after Honeydew told her the news.

Everything was wonderful.

Her phone began to ring.

Genesis

"Omg! Wait, I need to calm down. God, I-i can't even right now! Is she calling about Gunnar? No, let me take a second," Honeydew rambled anxiously.

This only made her mood better.

God was bringing everything together in His time.

Genesis hadn't responded to any message Honeydew sent, she only read them.

Honeydew answered the call and listened.

"Uh, so I know that I said I didn't want to see or know about my father. And I may sound flaky for leaving you on read, but I didn't know what to do. This came out of nowhere, but it's not like I didn't ever wonder about him," Genesis said nervously.

"I shouldn't have been a jerk about this. I'm sorry. I thought about everything, all the years I missed out on having him in my life. I want to meet him, when do you think we can do it?" She asked calmer than before but still shaky.

Honeydew's heart soared.

Gunnar would finally get to see his daughter.

This was the power of prayer and God's hand making all things right.

"Oh, Genesis, apology accepted. I don't understand how this might've felt, so I didn't judge you. Gunnar would meet you tomorrow if possible, but would Christmas work?" Honeydew wanted to give Gunnar the best Christmas present ever.

He deserved it.

Genesis sighed in relief. "God, you're so nice. Uh, I can do Christmas. Will you tell him? And if he says he doesn't want to meet me, I won't curse at you. I promise,"

Honeydew laughed lightly. "Genesis, Gunnar has been praying for this since you left. He'll cry just knowing that you want to see him,"

"Okay, that's a relief. I gotta look at some cheap flights and get some time off from work, and a hotel too," Genesis murmured to herself.

Honeydew got a lightbulb moment.

She wanted to make things as easy as possible.

"I'll take care of the flight and hotel, just let me know when you can get off. Maybe I can find an early morning flight to Jackson, you can stay there and Gunnar will meet you there," Honeydew figured hoping that Genesis would agree.