Chapter Eighteen

'Selene Brassard's a runaway diva!'Maggie Xiu, former agent of Selene, tells all in this Heard Magazine exclusive interview!

Maggie Xiu, former agent of Selene, tells all in this Heard Magazine exclusive interview!

"I put up with her cruel behavior for too long. She's ruined every relationship she's had, including parental. Bless the heart of every person she left in pieces, it's time for her wrongs to be brought to light."

"This has to be a nightmare,"

But the article wasn't the thing that scared Selene.

She'd been blasted before by people she trusted. This wasn't new.

The nightmare was having to tell Gunnar the truth.

If she didn't tell him, he'd find out another way and he didn't deserve that.

He only knew her name, Selene, but he didn't know what came with the name.

But wasn't it too soon to tell it all?

Did she even know how she felt about him?

No.

Yes.

Yes to everything.

It was too soon, but even before meeting the man, he made a mark on her. He went out of his way to make her feel safe. The way he did everything relentlessly, but tender enough to be lasting in her heart.

Never in a million years did she think of finding a man like Gunnar; attractive, intriguing, wonderful, handsome, real.

He didn't mistreat her. Or even raise his voice.

Never did she think that it would happen so soon.

But what would he say when he found out who she truly was?

What he knew was a lie.

He knew she wasn't Galia, but he didn't know the life that God saved her from.

God took her meaningless existence and turned it to something beautiful. She could smile at herself in the mirror.

He looked out for her.

As did Gunnar.

But would he forgive her for being dishonest?

Could he look her in the eyes after learning about how miserable her life was?

She had to tell him.

And then she would tell him how she felt.

If he was against her for lying, it was the consequences she'd have to face.

Selene took her keys from the kitchen hook and shut her eyes for a moment.

"God, I want to do this right. I don't want to have another disastrous relationship, so I need You to help me say the right words. I need You to help me, for some reason You chose me to be with him, so Gunnar has said, but now when I finally started to believe it, this came up." She leaned against the garage door and sighed.