Chapter Fourteen

"That's crazy,"

"That's crazy,"

Selene murmured to herself after recalling the events of the past two days.

She was open now and ready for whatever Gunnar had to offer. And what she could give to him.

She was allergic to hazelnuts. Something she didn't expect, but she owed Gunnar her life for taking her to the hospital.

And now, she was ready to learn more about God. But, she needed a Bible.

"Where do they even sell those?" She hummed.

Amazon.

She opened her nightstand and grabbed her journal.

Writing down her feelings helped so much.

She never imagined having peace of mind, a calm heart, and an insanely kind man after her.

Just write.

'Uh, so two days ago I was out with Gunnar.

I was mean to him, which made me feel bad, which made me feel sick, but turns out I was having an allergic reaction....

He was praying when I woke up.

He sounded devastated but strong. He was telling God that he would let me go and he was sorry.

Why did he sound like that?

I was rude. I was awful to him and he still apologized for what other people had done to me.

To me. Why?

I know now that he's nice, but he does so much. What was wrong?

I just don't understand him. He just wants me to exist. No perfection. No wild expectations. None of that.

I know that my father is a liar now. I knew it then, and even with you, God.

You're unique.

What am I supposed to do though?

Gunnar still has no idea who I am and when or if he finds out, what's gonna happen?

Is it safe for me to be with him? Not be with him, but getting to know him.

He said that he was once a hoodlum, when? He seems upright and good all around.

He fired Moses and three other men over me.