Chapter Twenty-Four

Thomas: I thought about it

Thomas: I thought about it. Maybe you'll try and crawl back to me, whatever it is, I guess I can give you a moment of my time. Don't miss me too much.

It was a new year's surprise.

He left her on read for a few days, after sending the middle finger emoji, and now on January 2, he responded.

Selene stared at the message and called Gunnar. And while the phone rang, she prayed, "God, help my heart rate,"

"Hi, Selene, you alright?"

As always, he could tell when she was upset.

"Not really. Thomas finally texted me back, I'll screenshot it and send it to you," She did as she said and sent it to him.

"I'm completely against telling him because of his message, but I have to overlook that and do what God wants. It's just that he's really annoying and haughty, like my father," She explained.

"I can see what you mean, dove. I surely am proud you still want to obey God, and I will be with you. If he says somethin stupid, I'll hush him real quick." Gunnar promised.

Selene felt comforted. "Thank you, Gunnar. I guess I'll text him back, do you think we should do this sooner? Or later?"

"I say get it out the way, but don't try to rush. Ask God,"

Selene hummed. He was right.

Maybe they could do it this weekend.

"Could we go this weekend? If you're not busy,"

"I ain't never busy for you, dove. Maybe we can make this a nice day trip, I never been to San Diego, not even California." He wanted to spend nice time with her.

"Oh, well, I'd like that, but only for the day. I'm not ready to be there long, and maybe we can go somewhere low profile," She explained.

She didn't want to damper their time, but she was still a celebrity and the drama hotspot was in San Diego.

"I'm sorry, dove. You know, I do forget you ain't just my sweet love. You got admirers, we can go wherever you like,"

Selene giggled. He was sweet and cute.

"I'm glad you forget, one day I will too. But could we go to a nature observatory or something," She couldn't focus too well, not now.

"I think that'd be just right. I know how to find stuff on the computer, had Hunter help me before, so I can handle that. You just get ready to talk with Thomas, and remember, God is bigger."

"You are so so Mr. Congeniality, always," She sighed in delight. "Thank you for always being with me and pointing me back to God's truth. I need that," She admitted.

"You got me blushin, darling. I'm gonna find what we need, you send that text. Call me, text me, whatever you need when you need,"

"Okay, bye."