Chapter Twenty-Two

How could she respond to such a question?

After staring at Gunnar shocked, Selene asked for time.

She needed to talk to God, pray, and understand what was going on.

And Gunnar understood.

There was no pressure, it was what she liked most about him.

She didn't add that pressure and anxiety were ridding her. Her father had been calling since Christmas.

She ignored it every time, but that didn't stop her from being afraid.

But it also didn't stop her from enjoying her time with Gunnar, but it was added pressure.

Along with Genesis's brash words, Gunnar's proposal was refreshing, but again, she had to think, pray, and not have a panic attack.

Now she was home.

And she was doing one of her favorite things.

'What's another word for shocked out of my mind?

Gobsmacked or something.

It works because Gunnar asked me to marry him after seeing Genesis. And I know that it was genuine, the man doesn't have a phony bone in his body.

He's been talking this way since we met, but now it's real.

Saying it here first in the privacy of my journal, I want this so badly! But I honestly don't know what to think.

I know that Honeydew and Beau were engaged quickly, but they're different. I've got so much to think of. My brain is wowed.

He said that he wants to marry me, and I know he means it. And I'm just gobsmacked, again.

What should I say? Do you think he'll be okay if I say maybe? Does that mean I'll have to give him a date soon?

It's not that I don't want it, but again, there's so much attached to me. I've been set free, but I don't know.

And what will my parents say? They don't have to know, they honestly don't deserve to know.

God, help me make the right decision.'

Selene closed her journal, and again, her father called.

And again, she ignored it.

Nothing would ruin her calm mind.

Her phone buzzed and she looked at it quickly.

Mother: Selene, your father has been calling you since Christmas. Don't ignore us, we're the only family you have. The only ones who love you. Answer the phone.