•Chapter 1: Day 01•

Foolish POV

I sprinted down the pavement, halting sharply when I reached the place me and Punz agreed to meet. 'Ice Valley.' It was Punz's favorite café.

I walked in, the small bells above the door jingling at my entrance. The aroma was sweet, and the look of the place was calming. I walked around, trying to find Punz.

He was sitting at a table, face in his palm, eyes closed, ear buds in. I walked over, checking the song. A smile was plastered on my face. Love Grows by Edison Lighthouse.

"Punz, I'm here." I said, tapping his shoulder.

His eyes fluttered open and he glanced up at me. He smiled, shifting and removing his earbuds after pausing the song. I sat down in front of him, grabbing his drink and taking a sip.

"Oh? What'd you get today?" I asked, setting his drink back down.

Punz giggled, taking a sip of it himself. He yawned, putting his phone and earbuds in his pocket.

"Taro Milk Tea. Do you want me to get you anything?" He asked, but I shook my head.

"No, anyways. So, who do you think it could be? Dream?" I asked, but I got no response.

Punz sat still, ruffling his hair. He took a sip of his tea, before pulling out his phone. He played Love Grows out loud, setting his phone by the wall on the table.

"I say it's Hbomb, he's always couple-like with you. He just seems most likely I guess."

"Yeah, true. I'll text him." I said, pulling out my phone and sending a quick message.

"Hey Punz? What would you do if I failed this?" I asked suddenly, making Punz choke on his drink.

"You mean, what would I do if you died in 20 days?" He asked, and I nodded.

"Well, I don't know. I'd be devastated, you're my friend. Why?" Punz asked.

"Oh, just wanted to know. Weren't you having a party on the 20th day? Are you still gonna have that?" I asked, taking a sip of his drink.

"Do you want me to?"

"I mean, yeah. If I don't find anyone before then, I can use the party to find them. It would benefit me."

"Then I'll still have it I guess."

I sighed, getting up to sit next to Punz. I mumbled a quick 'tired' before resting my head on his shoulder.

~~~

I woke up a few hours later, fingers running through my hair and a soft voice humming in my hear. I smiled, lifting my head up to look at Punz. His eyes opened, and he smiled back.

"What time is it?" I asked, standing up and stretching with a yawn.

"Uhh, I don't know," Punz mumbled, checking his phone, "It's 12am."

I nodded, walking into the kitchen and grabbing a glass of water. Punz came over with his tea, shaking the cup a little. I raised an eyebrow, only earning a shrug.

"We should probably start planning today. I can uncover the tack board or something." Punz suggested.

"This isn't a police investigation!" I laughed, and Punz groaned in response.

"Kinda is, but okay." He mumbled.

"Fine, uncover it, grouchy boy." I said, and Punz looked at me excitedly.

I'll never understand his happiness over that tack board, but oh well.