•Chapter 17: Day 17•

I look to my side, noticing Dreams sister next to me. My blood boils but she only smiles at me. That's weird, she's never like me before.

"He only saw him once." She says.

"Who, Punz?" I ask, and she nods.

"Yeah, we just happen to be friends. Well not friends. We help each other know what medicine to take for certain things."

"Oh, alright."

"I'm Drista by the way."

"I'm Foolish."

Silence falls between us. The waiting room of the hospital was growing colder. I saw the doctor walk in, and instantly reminded myself it was worth it.

"He's alright, we'll release him soon. You'll need to make sure he eats and gets enough sleep though. He passed out from lack of rest and nutrients." He explained, and I nodded.

"Can I see him?" I ask, and the doctor leads me to his room.

I sit in the chair next to the hospital bed. Punz was asleep, but breathing. That's all that matters. I wondered if this was because of that x on the calander.

Just then, his eyes opened. They quickly met my own. Punz smiled, and I did too. Although mine was sad and empty.

"I'm sorry." He whispered, and I shook my head.

"Don't be, you're alright now. That's all that matters." I say, but it was a lie.

"You saw the calander." Punz added.

"Yeah, I did."

"I was going to jump."

"Don't."

"I won't."

The silence fell once more. This one was more comfortable, knowing he'd be okay. I wish I knew I would be. Though, I only have three more days and still haven't found them.

"Three days." I say quietly.

"You'll be okay." He says, turning his head to look at me.

"You don't know that." I tell him, meeting his gaze.

"Have hope, Foolish." Punz says simply.

~~~

I sit him down, putting a plate of food in his lap. He stares at it blankly. My hand brushed his arm and the tingle runs up my spine.

"Do I have to?"

"Yes. Now eat, please."

I was surprised when he listened,  but I shoved it away. Being happy was more important right now. Punz is alive and so am I, that's all that matters.

"You need to sleep after." I say, watching him near the last bite.

"Okay."

When he finishes eating, I sit beside him. The plate sets alone on the coffee table. Punz's arms wrap around me, and I lean my head on his shoulder. His head leans on mine.

It was just like a few days ago. Soon, I heard his breathing slow, and I knew he was asleep. I smile and stay put. If this was how he could sleep, I'd stay like this forever.

I let my eyes flutter closed. The silence was peaceful. It soothed the anxiety of the nearing date, and so did Punz. He always helped me without even knowing.

As I thought more, I slipped closer to sleep. One thing crossed my mind. I wasn't sure of it, but it definitely helped me sleep at the moment.

I'm going to be okay.