•Chapter 6: Day 06•

I smile at the Daffodils scattered across the feild. A hand touches my shoulder, and I barely turn around. To no surprise it was George.

"Pretty, isn't it?" He says, joining me in gazing over the land.

"Yeah. What'd you bring?" I respond, looking at the basket in his hands.

"Definitely not picnic food."

"Anything is picnic food if you can eat it."

George laughed, but agreed nonetheless. I helped him lay out the blanket before going to get the drinks. We both brought something, but I bet his is better, George has great taste in food.

I come back and set the crate down next to his basket. We got out our shares of food and picked out the drink we wanted.

"This would be nice property to buy. You could build a pretty decent house here." I remarked, and George nodded.

"Yeah, definitely. However, I'm hoping to move in with Sapnap and Karl. This place isn't Sapnaps style, so we're looking for somewhere else. It'd be a great place for you though." He explained.

"I guess, yeah."

"You could move in with Punz." George added.

"I could. Imagine the parties he'd have though. God, I'd get so annoyed." I laugh, looking up at the clouds.

"You could always come stay with us when he has them. It'd work out, Foolish. You two are really close." He says, shifting to lean on his hands.

I shift into the same position, but now we're both looking at the sky. Our shoulders are pressed together. This is the perfect time, but I don't exactly want to.

I push down the feeling and move my hand over his. Our fingers interlock and he laughs. He doesn't pull his hand away though, I do. There was nothing.

"Sorry." I mumble, and he only shrugs.

"Don't worry about it." George whispers.

We sit there, watching the clouds and pointing out shapes. The sun slowly began to set. Oranges, pinks, and purples smudged together in the sky. The air was beginning to grow cold.

"We should head out." George says, getting up and starting to put things away.

I help him get his things around before grabbing my crate. My eyes glance at the scattered Daffodils one last time. Then George waves, and he makes his way out of sight.

I've grown distant with him. Our time is fun, but it's awkward and seemingly empty. Maybe it's just because of the stress I've been experiencing. I shouldn't worry this much, Punz said we would find them.

I get out my phone, dialing his number. It rings until a beep sounds, and his unfamiliar voicemail plays through. He always picks up my calls so I've never heard it.

'Hey, it's Punz. If I don't respond I'm either sleeping or hanging out with Foolish, call back later. Cya.'

I smile, chuckling a little. Guess he's sleeping then. I head down the path towards his neighborhood. My hand clutched the spare key, while my eyes flickered around.

I always hated walking alone when it's late. That's when bad things usually happen, and right now is not the time for that. Once I reach his house I quickly open the door, finding a spot in the living room and falling asleep.

I'd explain it when he woke up.